• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Pc27 no power to fuel shut off solenoid after machine randomly died while working

freeman62

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
I have read in a few spots that there is a diode associated with the alternator going bad that will not allow the machine to start. My question is, when the alternator/diode goes bad does it automatically off the power to the fuel shut off solenoid to prevent t the engine from running?

I have checked everything mechanical imaginable and can't find anything wrong. Starter still tries to start engine. I removed the fuel solenoid and bench tested it and determined that it works fine.

HELP!!!

coalrulz

What is the Dash number on your machine? MR-1, MR-2, MR-3 or -8. Serial number may be helpful as well.

freeman62

Occupation
Heavy equipment operator
It's a pc27 mrx-2 it's painted red and sold by ditchwitch but it is a komatsu pc27 has the 3 cylinder ya mar engine