• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

painting logos

trouble007

i know this probably isn't the best place for this question but there seem to be allot of smart minds on this forums. So maybe someone could offer some help. i have a large rolling tool chest 5' by 26" on the front. I'm looking to paint the john Deere logo on the front which is large and flat and paint the rest of the box JD green whats the best way to go about painting the logo? i have a copy of the logo the right size with the part that i want yellow cut out but i cant figure out how to attach it to the box without having it getting under the paper around the edges and messing up the logo and i dont think glue will be an option. someone i work with suggested painting the yellow first then taping it off i think this would work. but is it the best way to go about it?

thanks in advance

Ryan G

Abscraperguy

Why don't you go to your local sign shop and get them to make you a vinyl decal. That way you can paint everything green and just attach the decal afterwards.

trouble007

that will work i asked a graphic designer that i know if he had any vinyl and he thinks he does so i might just have to cut it out myself thanks for all the relpies and ideas i will let you know how it turns out.

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
If you wanted something a little different, you could maybe get a vinyl decal type stencil, spray the infil or even airbrush it! ad a few sparkly type flakes make metalic, kind like they do on those TV over haul shows if you know what im taking about!

Just thinking out loud here, anyway look forward to see the finished product!

CPS

trouble007

cool idea CPS i never really thought of that maybe i will o well i will be sure to get some pictures of it up when im done i just primed it today. tomorrow im going to get the JD paint so it should be done by the end of the weekend i hope

trouble007

well its done. theres a picture attached the first is of the template i made for the logo and the second is the complete project in all there was 3 coats of yellow then it was taped and stenciled then cut then 3 coated of JD green and in a couple of months when its good and cured im going to put on some clear coat just to seal it up good. the outside border needs a bit of a touch up too.

Attachments

• moto_0149.jpg
    moto_0149.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 444
  • moto_0154.jpg
    moto_0154.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 500