• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

P3 Hydraulic fitting

John Deer

I have to replace a broken hydraulic fitting on a transmission pump from a Volvo MC115 skid steer. the only marking on the fitting is P3. None of the Volvo documentation mentions hydraulic fittings. Does anyone now if this can be bought from stock at a local supply house, or do I have to go to Volvo?

DIYDAVE

I have to replace a broken hydraulic fitting on a transmission pump from a Volvo MC115 skid steer. the only marking on the fitting is P3. None of the Volvo documentation mentions hydraulic fittings. Does anyone now if this can be bought from stock at a local supply house, or do I have to go to Volvo?
Post a picture of the fitting, or take same to a local hose shop...:D:D

John Deer

Thanks Lantraxco, this thing has two male fittings (one on each end) that both have to be screwed in. I suppose a swivel will be needed to allow for screwing the second fitting in. Do you know another way to do this with a new hose?

lantraxco

I was thinking a couple O-ring by JIC male straight adapters and a short one wire hose with 90 JIC fittings, probably #6 hose and fittings.

Those originals you're supposed to be able to push the back collar of the fitting in, push the line in a hair and then pull it out, like a Chinese finger puzzle.

John Deer

Lantraxco, Thanks so much for your help. I ordered the fitting from Volvo. I don't fully understand the way the fitting works. So you push the hose into the fitting, then pull it out to seal it. Does it snap into place or is there sone sort of indication that you have a seal?

lantraxco

There's an O-ring in there that's supposed to seal on the OD of the tube/hose, and a metal spring sleeve that allows the tube to push in but then locks it from coming out, unless you push the collar on the back end in to expand the lock sleeve. When you push it in you should feel resistance as the tube opens up the O-ring.

Fitting.jpg

Fitting2.jpg

John Deer

Lantraxco, I have a final question. Do you know if there is a safe way to check for leaks on the Volvo skid steer with the cab in the raised position. The fitting I replaced is in the reverse port, so the machine will move if cycled. Up to this point I have been putting the cab in the down position and waiting for leaks to show up under the machine. It would be a lot more efficient to see the area in question real time. I just haven't thought of a safe way to do it. Is jacking the machine while cycling safe? Would this unloaded condition produce enough load on the system to show marginal leaks? Thanks Again!!!

lantraxco

That I cannot help with as I have no direct knowledge of the Volvo machines. Perhaps someone else on here has worked on these? Buhler?.....

Hollywood188

Volvo MC115 fix

We replaced most of the push fits with oring boss/ JIC fittings and -4/-6 hose. Volvo/JCB had a field fix service bulletin on the push fits, they seam to fail a lot. Capitol Bering has the fittings and hoses.

Attachments

• 1002161209.jpg
    1002161209.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 42