• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overload of the Day

crane operator

Its for sale - I was impressed with the ratchet strap tie down methods.

I've never run a karry krane, but we used to have two old hyster forklifts about the same age as that- and they were indestructible. Flathead continentals. One was clutch and the other was a automatic. The clutch one had a three speed and would go way faster than you should ever drive one.

skyking1

Any forklift steer is the devil.
I borrowed my friend's trailer to move Luigi, before I went to work for this outfit and put on the apitong deck. That trailer can take a forklift.
I had some 2x6 steel channel and ripped some boards to fill them in, to bridge the frames on the borrowed trailer.
IMG_20160925_143812.jpg

JaredV

We had a well known local guy get killed that way. Loaded a forklift on a deckover and when he tightened a binder, a tire broke through the deck and it tipped over on him.

Truck Shop

Its a old hyster "karry krane" .
That's about a Flintstone POS. Must be the one that killed Fred and Barny. Which caused me to pause,
and look at some photos I posted under my {Old Crawler} thread. Second to last photo on the dock
in the back ground is one of those Hyster "Karry Kranes". Those photos were taken in 1956 and puts
that tricycled POS in the late 40's. Steve a friend of mine lost his uncle when a old Gerlinger tricycle
pile rolled over throwing him off, the mast crushed his head.

Last edited:

Spud_Monkey

Occupation
Decommissioned
Rolled in for tire change on steer axle… Got the tire off and the driver is dicking around in the cab with no jack stands underneath… Accidents waiting to happen here, ”but this is how we always done it, never had a problem before” :rolleyes:44F8F3A0-5347-4CBF-8E44-93D9FEDF79AD.jpegCF1F5046-3E2B-4B25-82A7-B953904C09EC.jpegAAB8F5A3-36E1-4B93-B4D8-53354D59FF0A.jpeg