• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overhead cranes - All related information

Cgmachineryvn

Occupation
CEO
Hi all,

I am doing business with overhead cranes and would like to open this topic so that we can discuss about this issue here. Everything should be related to overhead cranes only such as: Basic specifications, design standards, manufacturing experience, price for standard capacity...etc. I guess it would be very usefull for someone who are looking for this products as well student who want to learn about this products. Let me start :).
Overhead cranes is an equipment often used for lifting and moving heavy things. It runs on runway beam a long the workshop and can work in a rectangular area. There are 6 most important part of the cranes which are:
- The hoist which is normally wire rope/ chain hoist.
- Crane steel structure.
- Electric supply system for hoist.
- Electric supply system for crane.
- Electric control box.
- Runway beam and support frame.

Crane is normally design according to DIN, FEM, ISO standards. When designing the crane, we should consider some important factors: Total load, girder deflection, structure stability...etc.

Manufacturing crane cost in Vietnam is roughly 1.6 usd/kg of products.

One of most famous crane builder for small crane in Viet Nam is my company Cgmachinery haha.

Nice day everyone and hope to discuss more with all of you.

Cgmachineryvn

Occupation
CEO
The hoist which is being used for overhead cranes has three major types: Electric wire rope hoist, electric chain hoist and manual chain hoist. There are also other type but these are basic. When choosing a hoist, we need to consider following factors:
- Lifting capacity
- Lifting height
- Lifting speed and hoist traverse speed.
- Duty group.
- Safety equipment for hoist such as Overload protection device, limit switch up/down.
There are various hoist supplier who is: Konecranes, Munck cranes, Abus, Stahl...