• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Overall impressions of JD 470G

newguy2k3

Occupation
Cat field tech
One of my customers asked me about if they're a good machine overall but i have minimal knowledge of JD. He has a gravel pit and runs 2 349E, a 349F, a330D, and a 330C for now. All the 349s were bought new and the E's both had new engines put in under warranty around 5k hrs due to extreme oil consumption issues. I think he's a bit burnt out on that.

He tells me there are a few ~2khr JD 470G he wants to look at that would probably be 1/2 the cost of a similar 349. I called a friend of mine that does quite a bit of work on JD machines and he told me that other that wiring issues, which most all JD hoes have, they are pretty solid. Also said the Isuzu is a little better engine but the JD engine is easier to get parts for.

Any wisdom welcomed.

mxsledder

The 349 F is very solid, has 10% more horsepower, Is heavier and revs 200 Rpm lower than Deere at peak power.
349 F is the best machine hands down. I've done 6 months of extensive research and running them before I bought mine.

mxsledder

Absolutely nothing wrong with the Deere- Tachi
470's though.. Very good machines.

mikebramel

Not sure about John Deere but Hitachi's are a war horse. But, for less money, you can have a Kobelco or Link Belt/Case

mxsledder

Around here the link belts are near the same price as Cat. All of the listed machines are really exceptional.