• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

On-line parts stores

lonkinggroup

Long ago, the idea of opening an online parts store has crossed my mind, but at that time the idea is not practical. It' great to see this.

Coondog

You can go to any caterpillar dealer website and there is usually a link to Cat Partstore on the dealers sight as well. You can look up parts from broken down drawings, see inventory, and price. This is what I have been using for several year now. Works well for caterpillar machinery.

rabia

Banned
It's a great idea no doubt. once upon a time i go through caterpillar website and there was link for Cats Parts store.

Randy88

Don't want to change the thread, but maybe to expand it some, how about used on line parts as well as new, might help the list get longer, I don't have any but am always lookig for both new and used and was hopiing people knew of used parts web sites too?

vit332

I always check if the item is exposed on e-bay before seeking it on other sites. Machinerytrader also can be a help

jozzie2000

You can go to any caterpillar dealer website and there is usually a link to Cat Partstore on the dealers sight as well. You can look up parts from broken down drawings, see inventory, and price. This is what I have been using for several year now. Works well for caterpillar machinery.

This is your answer to anything regarding cat parts. Unless you are buying some non cat parts and sticking it on your cat machinery...(shuddering at the thought)

For cat, partstore is a great tool, if you can learn how to navigate the system. Not to mention there is no miscommunication between you and what is becoming the typical doesnt know jack **** parts guy.

UrParts

Hi Folks
www.urparts.com is the best site for new and used parts. It has over 500 suppliers for all makes and models and growing every week. Unlike Machinery Trader you only have to make 1 enquiry and it will go to all the relevant suppliers. Then you just sit back and wait for the quotes to come through on your email . Best of all its Free for anyone buying parts with no commission.

Check out the demo movie on the home page to see how easy it is

illy

Occupation
Service technician
Hi Folks
www.urparts.com is the best site for new and used parts. It has over 500 suppliers for all makes and models and growing every week. Unlike Machinery Trader you only have to make 1 enquiry and it will go to all the relevant suppliers. Then you just sit back and wait for the quotes to come through on your email . Best of all its Free for anyone buying parts with no commission.

I have made an inquiry.
I'm very interested to see how your site works...

Regards!

Last edited:

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Hi Folks

Welcome to the Forums UrParts. You need to take a moment and read the Forum rules, specifically this section -

Aside from the "for sale" area, for member's personally owned goods, advertising of goods and services is not permitted unless sponsoring heavyequipmentforums.com. A vendor of goods or services may make one introductory post explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.

Special Note: Vendors of goods or services, or their representatives, who join the forums and make no worthwhile contributions other than to post multiple links to said goods and services are considered spammers. Spammers will have their posts removed, and their membership terminated with extreme prejudice.

Forum rules reference - https://www.heavyequipmentforums.com/announcement.php?f=81

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you haven't read the rules so this will be your "Freebie". You posted a link to your website in this thread as well - https://www.heavyequipmentforums.co...4a-Restoration&p=396915&highlight=#post396915

The link in that thread will be disabled and your post above will be the only one with a link to your website. If you are interested in advertising on the Forum (we have a lot of members) then contact Steve Frasier the Founder of this website for more information.

However if you choose to not abide by the rules I really enjoy the "extreme prejudice" part of the rules above.:cool2 This site costs money to operate, We are not here to give free rides and it's not fair to our paying advertisers.