• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old meets New

Grader4me

Well..old Grader4me is going to operate a 140m for 3 weeks. Got a job offer in Labrador so..I'm taking some vacation and have some fun..lol
I'll let all you young whippersnappers know how long it takes me to get used to it..:cool2

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Drat, when I saw this thread I thought G4m was gonna tell us he went to Hooters. :tong

Best of luck G4m. :cool:

hotrod49er

Occupation
County road Maintenance
Dont death grip left joystick and you'll do just fine after an half hour.

Attachments

• Cat 140M 006.bmp
    4.7 KB · Views: 1,818
Last edited:

RocksnRoses

Occupation
Owner operater crushing & contracting business
Good on you G4, should be good for a bit of 'speed grading', while you are beating that sod around, don't forget what grampa told you, might need to take some extra chew, you'll need to be concentrating on those joysticks.

RnR.

Grader4me

Dont death grip left joystick and you'll do just fine after an half hour.

Thanks..good advice..yeah I figure around that time frame. Guys..I'll just be leveling and finishing..doing the grade stakey thing. Swearing at the truckers etc...for running over the stakes.

Drat, when I saw this thread I thought G4m was gonna tell us he went to Hooters

LOL....sorry....:D

Don't forget, being new, it'll make HS Grading easier to dooooooo!!!

Lol...did ya ever think about getting into poetry??

don't forget what grampa told you, might need to take some extra chew, you'll need to be concentrating on those joysticks.

Oh..I'll try to..lol. Actually got 3 days in without it...not liking it one bit either...

Last edited:

blademan150

Occupation
Retired Local 150 Operating Engineer
Grader4me, I ran a 160m for 3 mos, I got used to it but never learned to like it, this was a few years ago when they first came out. Please let me know what you think. There were some issues on design and in the software, I would like to know if they were fixed. Thanks, blademan150

Grader4me

From what they tell me this one has 1500 hrs on it so maybe the bugs have been worked out of it. I'll let you know of any problems that I encounter.

95zIV

Occupation
RR Contractor Super.
Lol...did ya ever think about getting into poetry??

No, but,

There once was a man from New Brunswick
Who's blade was so long that he stuck it
The blade was all new,
and he didn't know what to do.
So he called a driver to truck it!

Will that do?

buddy605

Occupation
Engineering tech/ survey
I spent 5 summers up there with the government. one word of advise FLY DOPE muskoil . Who are you gone up there with

ovrszd

Occupation
Retired Army
I gotta keep track of this thread. Anxious to hear your perceptions. I'm not quite as optimistic as most though, I can't see you being proficient in thirty minutes of operation. My issue was that I'd do okay until a quick response was required, especially with steering, then I'd be wanting to let go of the joystick and grab a wheel!!! :)

Grader4me

I just expect that after a half hour I'll be able to do the job, not saying I'll be a pro on the controls because I won't. I would imagine that I'll be reaching for the steering wheel many times for a few days and the levers too. I'm really excited about the challenge tho.

Dad5

Hey Grader4me, are you flying or driving up? I drove up this week. Road is rough and the dust is thick. What site will you be working on? We may cross paths.

Grader4me

Hi Dad5, welcome to HEF! The company I'm working for has to send up 2 trucks..I'm going with one of them. Heading out tomorrow afternoon. We are going across the ferry via the Newfoundland route. All I know is that its in the Wabush area. Flying back in 3 weeks