• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Old Bucyrus Erie crane

Hjolli

Hello

These pics are from 1967 from a concrete pouring job in my old hometown.
I would like to know if anybody out there could tell which Bucyrus Erie model this is. I´m unable to see any model tags on the crane and have not been able to find a similar model on the net.

Btw the concrete mixer is an old Checkoslovakian model

Attachments

• buc eirie Kraninn hf 2 minni.jpg
    buc eirie Kraninn hf 2 minni.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 2,004
  • buc eirie Kraninn hf minni.jpg
    buc eirie Kraninn hf minni.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 2,227

gostr8r

Occupation
Full time crane operator for Crane Rental Corp sin
It looks like about a 30 ton machine from the little boom, counter weight and the small 3 axle carrier. Maybe an old school manual rig too, IDK for sure tho.

mitch504

That is definitely small. Maybe in the 10B range. The cab looks a little different from those though.

BTW, it is definitely manual controls, B-E didn't use air controls on anything smaller than a 30B.

Hjolli

I think this was a 15 ton model and yes, it was manual control and manual outriggers.
This time I was able to upload a slightly larger picture...

Attachments

• buc eirie Kraninn hf medium.jpg
    buc eirie Kraninn hf medium.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 1,591

mitch504

A 10B was a 13 ton model if I remember right. I looked around a little and found some older 10Bs with a similar cab. Most of my B-E experience was with machines from the 60s-70s, but they made 10Bs all the way back in the 1930s. Once you get up to the 15Bs, the house is as high as the top of the cab.

vintex

Occupation
really heavy equipment operatore
hi guys im pretty sure that the machine in question is a 14b i hav the english version 14 RB they hav manual main controls with air change over and steeringthere has been a post on here before with a 14b dragline it would be interesting to find the build duration of this modle as they appear to be quiet rare

Hjolli

hi guys im pretty sure that the machine in question is a 14b i hav the english version 14 RB they hav manual main controls with air change over and steeringthere has been a post on here before with a 14b dragline it would be interesting to find the build duration of this modle as they appear to be quiet rare

Yes this seems to be a rare model, I have been doing several searches on Google and not finding anything yet that looks like it. I think they bought it brand new in 1964. I recall the owner wasn´t very satisfied with it and replaced it with a P&H of similar size

Donns

Occupation
Self employed Dragline consultant and Safety train
I never thought that Ruston used the name Bucyrus Erie. I thought all their machines insignia was Ruston Bucyrus. The sign Bucyrus Erie would seem to say it came from the USA manufacturer. (I could be wrong too). I started out on 22Bs but and have seen 15Bs but don't recall seeing this house configuration. Nice pictures.

classictruckman

Occupation
Tree Climber/339A Crane Operator
I have seen a picture of a truck mount 22B with a house like that, I think it was a 1967. I'm not completely sure about the year though since it's been a few years since I saw the for sale ad.

Dozerbill63

# size of Crane

I have seen a picture of a truck mount 22B with a house like that, I think it was a 1967. I'm not completely sure about the year though since it's been a few years since I saw the for sale ad.

I believe this is a 11 - B Bucyrus Erie , they were manufactured around the 60's:usa