• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

old backhoe vs new pilot controls ??

reaper020

just wondering about the old backhoes with manual contorls. I have been running one of our old backhoes lately and I find it very hard to control when digging i spent many of years running older ones but for the last 5 years i have only been running newer machines with pilot controls. does anyone else find going back to an old machine really hard to run or is there maybe something wrong with the pressure controls on this old john deere?

Deon

just wondering about the old backhoes with manual contorls. I have been running one of our old backhoes lately and I find it very hard to control when digging i spent many of years running older ones but for the last 5 years i have only been running newer machines with pilot controls. does anyone else find going back to an old machine really hard to run or is there maybe something wrong with the pressure controls on this old john deere?

What model and year is the old John Deere?
Maybe no one ever greased the linkages between the leavers and the valves.

reaper020

its a 1995 johndeere 310.
I think what its doing is when i back off on one control all the extra pump pressure is dumping into the other causeing the bucket or arm to jump ?? not sure