• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

North west 25D

mog5858

hi there my name is martin and i stating to work on my northwest now that i got it home. it's a 25D with a 318 CAT for power. but i need a little help with making a new spreader bar for the drag line bucket. is there a magic number that it should be wider than the bucket. at work we do some work on big drag lines 100+ yards. so from looking at the spare in the yard they all seam to be a little different. some new that cam in now are square and not round. i was thinking about 2x4x1/4 wall square tubing with 3/4 ear's weld on. right now there a old piece of 3" pipe for a spreader bar that would work but is Hack. the bucket that i have for it i believe to be a peteybone mull corp. 24" high 36 wide 48 long thinking 3/4 yard it's has side boards weld on the top of it. can't read much on it all i can make out is PMCO cast in to it. the host trunons are about 38" apart and existing spreader bar is 45" long for the chain to hook up. hear are some pic's for her and i got the dump block going thought it as well ya that my little 9 1/2" Hendrix next to a 48" and 60".

http://youtu.be/AaUdFvQc5CQ

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
Hi Martin, I missed this when you posted it. Welcome to HEF. Did you ever get your bucket geometry worked out? Tiny stuff for you to be working on.
Roger

mog5858

well i bean working on other things welding pipe for the dam project this summer might need a forman. but i am about to just go with my gut and build and see how it work.