• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Non-stick skid pads. Trying to avoid being bled.

emmett518

My Deere 310L backhoe has non-skid pads on the storage boxes. They are getting kind of ratty, so I decided to get new ones. My Deere dealer wants $98 each, and I need four.

That is not in the budget. Is there an effective solution that don’t break the bank?

Thanks.

Welder Dave

Deere wants a lot of money because they are made to size. You can buy them generic or in rolls like above. Another option is getting some paint the colour of the machine or black and mixing some sand with it in a paint tray and rolling or brushing it on. I helped build a pontoon raft like thing and that's what we did to provide slip protection.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
A roll of 4" wide coarse grade emery cloth, fixed to the storage boxes with a weatherproof adhesive such as 3M type 8011, will work just fine - and this solution ensures you aren't paying for a new Caddy every 6 mths, for the JD CEO.