• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

No Hydraulics in the winter

Pecord Exc

Last year we purchased one of the mini bobcats with a snowblower for snow removal, very handy for sidewalks. In the winter though it start and the motor runs great we get no hydraulics whatso ever the pump just whines. We parked it with the anticipation of goin over everything during the day. We waited for warmer tempatures about 50 degrees and she ran great we thought it was a fluke but the next snowstorm we had the same problem, changed all hydraulic fluid and filters same problem. We parked it anticipating looking at it another day and never got around to it. It has been running great all summer around the shop but I know this winter the machine will be giving us the same problem. Any ideas on what is going on or what to look at?

Pecord Exc

We did a full service and changed all fluids and filters. I am truly puzzled with this one, and I know it will turn out to be something stupid.

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
what grade of hyd fluid are you using, also how cold are you talking about over there?

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Just a question but what weight hyd oil are you running? Bobcats are finicky with the weight of the hyd oil you run in them. Down south we have to run 30W hyd oil, any other weight and the hydraulics are sluggish or won't operate at all.

250c

I know you changed the hyd oil and filter but this sounds like you still have some water in the system. When the frozen water cyrstals get to the filter it stops all fluid flow, once it melts everything works normally.