• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

newbie help with a thomas t103s kubota diesel

ttik2k

i got this rig last year for $6500 last year with 250 hours on it . has a kubota diesel and it ran fine last year but now i go to finish the project and it wont start. it really wants to, smokes and tries but just wont start. ran perfect last year. now i was wondering if anyone had any idea on how to bleed the fuel system because im thinking it has air in the lines .any suggestions?? also whats the resale on these steers ?? oll be looking to sell it as soon as im done with my retaining wall. thanks !!

cakooter

You should crack the line going into the injector pump ,If there is a
prime on the lift pump youcan prime it like that or cranck it over just to see if the fuel is getting there, If so then tighten the line back up and crack the lines going to the injectors,but you will have to crack the motor over so the fuel will go past the pump.
I wouldtry this first
Let me know if this helps

wildhorse trnr

Occupation
Field Technician
You said it is turning over and puffing smoke, is the smoke white? If so then your preheater circuit might be at fault.
Otherwise I would make certain that the fuel is not contaminated and that the delivery valves are getting fuel to all the injector nozzles(crack the lines and turn over 10 seconds then check for fuel at the loosened nut).
If the unit is puffing white(fuel)smoke than your shut off solenoid is functioning.
If none of this helps just let me know.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
I agree wildhorse trnr, I've seen Kubota engines that won't hit a lick if the glow plugs ain't working, even in summer.