• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

newbie from iowa

8-ball

Occupation
run a john deer mower on co. roads
howdy, i'm 65, retired but still work in the summer for our county road dept. i run a jd 4440 with a side mount mower and mow the shoulders on the secondary roads.[ good job for an "old fart"!] i worked on road construction from 1957-1964 mostly on i-80 , my dad and grandfather worked on construction all their lives so i think i've got a little dirt in my blood. i really enjoy heavy equipment and have run a few, dw-10,rd-8,hd-20scraper,hd-21 pushcat , 9-pushcat,d-8&scraper, 627b. my new wife in "64 decided i needed a factory job so i spent quite a few yrs. in a local factory running a moulder for the window line. anyway , thanks for letting me ramble on for a little bit!
really enjoy reading the posts on this forum!
8-ball

TRACKHOE71

Occupation
OPERATOR
Welcome 8ball, alot of good guys here, very knowledgeable group we have!:drinkup

Last edited:

Water-N-Mine

Knoxville Iowa... home of the Nationals! I miss watching the Outlaws run there. I was born in Marshalltown, grew up in Tama/ Toledo. nice to see another fellow Ioweagan.:drinkup