• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New sprockets for Terex

td9clyde

Occupation
Owner operator
Ok I hope I can post this here because I need to get the word out I talked to a couple of track places on this too there are no new sprockets in 9'' pitch for 82-30's in the world at this point I got told if they were to get enough orders for them they would get them made and shipped to the US to get them distributed sounds like if there were 25 guys who wanted atleast one pair each we could get them that would be through berco they might make a production run of 100 sprockets so that would be a total of 25 pair I am still talkin to this fella and I am waiting to hear what they say I know I would be up for 2 pair and that makes needing atleast 23 more guys wanting a set any questions just ask and I will answer the best I can.........Oh and I am also waiting for a price

Huntoon

Occupation
Sales Engineer. I design OEM tracked undercarriage
My company makes 9 inch pitch sprocket rims. 21 tooth and 23 tooth. Minimum order qty. is 50 pcs. for a custom sprocket.

That said, we could probably get you just the casting and you could have a local machine shop drill some holes in it to fit the final drive.
PM for more details.

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
The 82-30 uses an 8.00" pitch undercarriage, the 82-30B uses a 9.00" pitch undercarriage - so you need to pin down precisely what you're talking about, or you could end up with serious errors in ordering and fitment.
If the tractor is in good shape, it will be simpler and cheaper and more attractive in the long term, to convert the 82-30's to Cat undercarriage. Originally the 82-30 conversion used 8.00" D8 Cat undercarriage in the conversion.
As that D8 undercarriage is now obsolete, owners of early 82-30's need to examine other, current 8.00" pitch Cat undercarriage.

The 82-30B Cat undercarriage conversion utilised 9.00" pitch D8 undercarriage, which I understand is still available. A conversion to Cat undercarriage will make the tractor more saleable any time you want to quit it, and the conversion is not a huge deal.
The track rollers can be changed to Cat by replacing the large cutout in the Terex track frame with fabricated adaptors similar to repair blocks, that are drilled and tapped to take Cat rollers.
The Terex idler can be used and the Cat sprocket rim merely attached to the Terex sprocket hub.

td9clyde

Occupation
Owner operator
Yes I know all this our terex 82-30 FA is all cat and we switched it over and also the 9 inch pitch sprocket will bolt on the c-6 too same bolt patern and then you have to change rails and pads........... our 82-30 b is also cat rails with 9'' pitch I do have things together the only thing I am trying to find is the 9'' pitch sprocket rings for replacement cat d-8 h sprockets don't fit they are too big so I am trying to find a cat ring to weld on that is the same pitch and tooth count or I am trying to find enough guys that need or want sprockets in 9'' pitch also when you switch bottom rollers over to cat you go from having 7 on a side to 6 d-8 h rollers on a side also on the side of reserch and working with all three machines for over 20 years I know a lot of other parts are interchangeable too if you do a little measuring and trial fitting that go's along ways just like the small planetaries on the early C-6 that was the same as a TS-18 planetary or you can switch them over to the 82-30 by changing the hub and outer planetary section how much more would you like me to explain do I need to explain what parts interchange with the front blade unit ecf6 with the terex 181 and 281 rear blade control units? I been in those too if your so swell then tell us what sprockets fit and save us all the head ache of chasing sprockets that will fit with availibility

Last edited:

ih100

Yes I know all this our terex 82-30 FA is all cat and we switched it over and also the 9 inch pitch sprocket will bolt on the c-6 too same bolt patern and then you have to change rails and pads........... our 82-30 b is also cat rails with 9'' pitch I do have things together the only thing I am trying to find is the 9'' pitch sprocket rings for replacement cat d-8 h sprockets don't fit they are too big so I am trying to find a cat ring to weld on that is the same pitch and tooth count or I am trying to find enough guys that need or want sprockets in 9'' pitch also when you switch bottom rollers over to cat you go from having 7 on a side to 6 d-8 h rollers on a side also on the side of reserch and working with all three machines for over 20 years I know a lot of other parts are interchangeable too if you do a little measuring and trial fitting that go's along ways just like the small planetaries on the early C-6 that was the same as a TS-18 planetary or you can switch them over to the 82-30 by changing the hub and outer planetary section how much more would you like me to explain do I need to explain what parts interchange with the front blade unit ecf6 with the terex 181 and 281 rear blade control units? I been in those too if your so swell then tell us what sprockets fit and save us all the head ache of chasing sprockets that will fit with availibility

If that's your idea of saying thanks for taking he time to reply, you can probably work out where the door is.

td9clyde

Occupation
Owner operator
I wasn't looking for information on undercarriage I am trying to see if anyone or how many is needing or wanting 9'' sprockets with 25 teeth I already have the information he set there and typed out and telling me to get my stuff together on information I do have it together and am still trying to get sprockets with 9'' pitch 25 teeth either made and sent into the states or finding something that will or can be used on the 9 inch pitch rails that are on the fa 82-30's and the fat 82-30's and the 82-30 B models as far as sprockets go

OzDozer

Occupation
Semi-Retired ..
Thanks for letting me know I provided information you didn't need, and already knew. I do have plenty of information on sprocket fitments, dimensions, and bolt hole spacings - but it's obvious I'd be wasting my time typing that up, for someone who already knows it all.

td9clyde

Occupation
Owner operator
I am not trying to say that I know it all but I ain't trying to waist anyone's time I am just after sprockets that's all I apologize if I came off wrong but I have been through all the other stuff that go's with these style of machines

ih100

Thanks for this reply td9clyde. That took a bit of pride- swallowing. You'll find that if you're patient, wade through the grumpy s.o.b's and the been-there-done-thats and the "if you're under 60 you don't know anythings", there's a lot of genuine knowledge on here. Perhaps the original post my have been better posted under "dozers".

catken

Well I sure as hell didn't know all that but did appreciate all the info-most guys I new that run that aftermarket green stuff switched most
of the stuff they could to Cat. But its nice to no that this kind of info is available from people that have fixed it.