• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new Owner of a 3C need help...

Speedy2001

Hello, i am a new owner of a JCB 3C322 from 1986. 2WD
Hope to find here some Help to bring it back to Work.
A bit from me: I am Thorsten, 42. from south Germany, so please dont be angry for my bad english...
So m first Question is any Manual, Service Manual availible? I got nothing with the machine...
When i load with the Front i hear a loud bad Noise, when i drive back and forward is all ok. Whats wrong?
Hope to got any Ideas!
King regards
Thorsten

Equipmentguy224

You can usually get a good deal on a manual on eBay. If not, go to your local JCB dealer. JCB dealer locator for Germany: https://www.jcb.com/en-gb/dealer-locator?location=Germany
They should be able to get you a manual but probably at a much higher price. Do you hear the noise when driving forward or when using the front end loader? If you hear the noise when using the loader, do you also hear it when using the backhoe?

Speedy2001

Thanks for your reply.
The noise only when i drive to load the Frontloader. No noise by normal driving forward or backward.
Only when i need Power.

Equipmentguy224

You're saying when you drive the machine into a pile of dirt, for example, you hear the noise? If so, does it make a difference which gear you use? Also double check that all fluids are at the correct level.

Equipmentguy224

I don't think it is very likely that it will help, but you could change the transmission fluid to see if that makes a difference. Make sure you put in the correct oil!! Also if you have the manual you could check if there was another fluid which may be low.

jcb jeff

Speedy
Sounds like you might need to check your engine mounts at the front as it almost sounds as if the fan is hitting the fan cowling.
Cant quite make out if its hydraulic noise does it dig ok as you also need to check the small prop shaft from the bottom pully on the front of the engine crankshaft to the main hydraulic pump in the front nose section running under the radiator as the shafts often fail and the joints .