• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new owner and member

ianoz

Hi Maddog, Good to hear your busy.My son and I have a3ton ,8 ton and a couple of 20 ton excavators.Also backhoe, drott grader,tip trucks and our old toys. Things are quiet on the work front at the moment. Good to see your problem has been sorted, by other members doing the best they can to provide help,the way a good forum should work to help one another .ian.

Steve Frazier

Founder
Staff member
The US originated forums are much more keen to have a go and willing to take things to bits (and sometimes they even get them back together again !)
Alan, this was my vision when I put this forum together, like minded individuals from anywhere helping out someone from anywhere else. I had experienced this with my work trucks in a forum devoted to the particular brand I own, there have been several times where the truck has had a problem and I come in here on the computer, either search for the problem or post about and very quickly have a solution to the problem. I can be back in business in a matter of hours by my own hand rather than being dependent on someone else and a trip to their facility.

My hope was the same would happen for machinery. I think why we are willing to try to fix things here in the US ourselves is due to a number of reasons. Our Country is pretty large and still has a lot of rural remote areas, it's just not convenient to get a machine to a mechanic or find one willing to come out to the woods to the machine. Another is many of today's excavators were formerly farmers or descendants of farmers who have always been pretty much on their own as far as maintaining their own equipment. And finally, I like to think it is our nature here to be willing to help someone in need, I live by the phrase "What goes around comes around", in other words, if I help others, perhaps someone will be there to help me in my time of need. I'm not saying this doesn't exist in other parts of the world, I don't know, but it has always been the way where I live.

I'm glad you're enjoying your time here!!:drinkup

maddog

I like to think it is our nature here to be willing to help someone in need, I live by the phrase "What goes around comes around", in other words, if I help others, perhaps someone will be there to help me in my time of need.

VERY WELL PUT !!!! I also believe in "give help if at all possible."
We seem to be turning into a world of more and more greed. I hear the phrase "charge for it !" an awfull lot latley. It is nice to see that there are still those few of us out here trying to help each other, if at all possible. I am by no means a super mechanic, but I do have some experience with certain things and am allways glad to give my "experience advice".

:drinkup:drinkup:drinkup

alan7264

Dear all (and sorry to but in on maddogs thread again)

Thanks for the welcome and comments and insite into some whys and wherefors.

I have a wide range of interests and different forums from different country's make a facinating mix of ideas and information. The USA sites I like for the mechanics and making things out of what is to hand (DIY at Tractorbyenet) and the German electronics sites are good for technical information whereas the English sites with advice on restoring and renovation of old buildings are the best for me.

None of these sites are exclusive on certain topics (some great USA radio tech sites) but this is just purely my personnal preferences.

thanks to all.
Alan

simat8015

Hi all,

Has anyone got a workshop manual for a 2001 JCB 8015, serial number 821830 ? My aux peddle has seized and I need to find out how the peddle / cable goes together - i think the cable is ok, just don't want to damage it whilst disconnected the completly corroded end.

I've look all over the shop and can't find anything reliable.

maddog

Hey Simat8015; I no longer have my 8015 jcb(miss it) but I might have some info, if I can find it(?????) If I remember correct there isn't all that much to the peddles. Try spraying some PB blaster into it and slowly try to work it back and forth.

simat8015

I've managed to seperate the cable from the peddle assembly, had to drill out the pin and then use lots of WD40 and brute force to undo the large nut securing the cable to the floor panel. Cable seems to actuate the valve block ok so sprayed some WD40 down the cable too. Now that both floor panels are free of the JCB I'll drill out the corroded bolts, clean up the joints and install new bolts. One of the floor panels is quite badly corroded some I might make up a new panel or price one up from a JCB dealer - $$ kerching.

Anyone know how big the alternator is, I've got 2 x 50w worklamps to fit to the front of the cab, I want to make sure that the alternator will take the additional load. I think it's 40A and my 3 x 50w (including boom light) comes to 12.5A.

pondo

Hi
Glad to hear you got cable moving. FYI wd40 is not a great penitraiting oil(sorry not spell right :( A good oil like pb blaster or duralube with sometime can do amazing at loosing bolts and cable. Wd40 over time can do more harm then good.
In regards to lite...have u looked into LED...more lumes (brightness) per watt. They r going be more money but huge reduction is draw on alternators...

Parker56

hi gentlemen: I too am a new member and CAT308B owner. If I make a mistake on this forum don't rake me over the coals. First I'm a new operator and owner and excavating mountain land in the Philippines. My wife's cousin showed how to operate the backhoe (30 yrs ex.) but that's all. took two to find the battery. But now I'm looking for the fuse panel. anyone know where it is? thanks