• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

new owner and member

maddog

I'd like to say hi all :drinkup ! Looks like a lot of info here.

I just purchased a jcb 8015 mini ex {2004}and wonder if anyone knows ANYTHING about these machines. I have built and installed a hydraulic thumb but am confused as to how my aux. hydraulics hook up :Banghead :confused:? I can get clamp pressure but have to manually move it back to the upright position. I have built and used mechanical thumbs but am a litttle lost when it comes to hydraulics. Is there any inexpensive way to get the thumb to work? Thanks for any info

d4c24a

I just purchased a jcb 8015 mini ex {2004}and wonder if anyone knows ANYTHING about these machines. I have built and installed a hydraulic thumb but am confused as to how my aux. hydraulics hook up :Banghead :confused:? I can get clamp pressure but have to manually move it back to the upright position. I have built and used mechanical thumbs but am a litttle lost when it comes to hydraulics. Is there any inexpensive way to get the thumb to work? Thanks for any info

hi maddog ,is your aux set to to run a breaker ,if so you will only have oil flow one way ,i cannot remember if it is on the jcb or kubota ,but there was a tap under the floor pan to change it to dual action for thumbs ,grabs,etc
and the other way for single flow breakers etc
hope this helps cheers graham

maddog

Thank you I will have to check it out. If it is only the one way flow is there an easy{low cost} way to make it work?

JCBgm

maddog, PM me your serial number and I'll tell you if it has dual acting hydraulics. Most all JCB minis do (except the micro and older machines). We don't do much with the 8015, but I do know the 8027 and larger machines have a valve located in the back of the machine near the hydraulic tank and main valve body.

maddog

JCBgm;
I believe I found the # your wanting SLP080154E1021277. I'm also having trouble finding the hydraulic filter, it calls for a 57700 wix but that is not even close to what is on it. It has a jcb 32/920002 screw on filter, I would like to cross over to a napa or wix.

strott

Occupation
Mini Excavator and dumper operator
As discussed earlier, the machine may not have double acting auxilary hydraullics (they are not standard spec on 1.5 ton JCB minis in the uk) or the changeover valve is not set correctly, the changeover valve may be located under the floor or the under the drivers seat on the 8015.

equipmentguy

Some machines have a 1 way valve for hammers you may have to switch it to two way. Look for a lever on the valve or a switch some where

maddog

Thanks all for the answers. I wish I got a manual with it. Looked up some on ebay but can't really see spending 150.00 + for a book??????????

AirBornOne

Hello madog
In case it helps, on the 016 (also a 1.5 T machine),the aux. circuit is adj. by using stop bolts/nuts that are under the control pedal.
For 2-way control both bolts are run down to allow the pedal to operate L & R.
For 1-way control one or the other bolts is raised/locked into position to prevent pedal movement.
AB1 out :usa

strott

Occupation
Hello madog
In case it helps, on the 016 (also a 1.5 T machine),the aux. circuit is adj. by using stop bolts/nuts that are under the control pedal.
For 2-way control both bolts are run down to allow the pedal to operate L & R.
For 1-way control one or the other bolts is raised/locked into position to prevent pedal movement.
AB1 out :usa

Didn't realise that about the tak!!

From what I remember on the JCBs I do not think that is how to direct the auxillary circuit - never heard of that method used on any machine until now:cool:

maddog

Thanks AirBornOne: I didn't notice anything like that on mine I'll have to take another look. Allthough the petal still moves both ways, one way closes the thumb, and the other opens if pressure is applied??? I have rigged the thumb with spring return pressure for now. However I do shut the machine off to open the thumb back up because I don't like the way it boggs down the engine when it's running{only to open postion}.

JCBgm

hey maddog....

I did some research. There is a kit available to retrofit your machine to dual acting!! PM me for details.

strott

Occupation
Thanks AirBornOne: I didn't notice anything like that on mine I'll have to take another look. Allthough the petal still moves both ways, one way closes the thumb, and the other opens if pressure is applied??? I have rigged the thumb with spring return pressure for now. However I do shut the machine off to open the thumb back up because I don't like the way it boggs down the engine when it's running{only to open postion}.

It sounds as if you have dual acting pipework because you can close the thumb when pressing the pedal one way but get resistance although the thumb doesn't close hydraulicly when you press the pedal the other way (when you press the pedal in the direction which bogs down the engine with the thumb open does the thumb close or not?)

If not then the two way valve needs opening to allow the oil to flow to the thumb - if pressing the pedal does close the thumb then you may only have single acting auxiliary lines which can be activated by pressing the pedal in either direction depending upon your preference.

Interesting one this - be glad to know the final outcome.

JCBgm

I highly doubt it has dual acting, based on where you got the machine. The original customer bought low spec machines. Below is a diagram of an 8015 with dual acting hydraulics. You need to verify that you have all the hoses shown in the diagram.

Attachments

• dualacting1.bmp
    44.3 KB · Views: 1,158

alan7264

Not sure if any help, but I have a UK spec manual which shows the valve location and gives info about the position to turn it and single and double circuits etc.

The manual is for 8014/8015/8015.2/8016/8017 and 8018.

Not sure how to post a picture here but if you PM me I can scan and email relevant pages if you still need them?

maddog

Hey Alan 7264, I just tried to send a PM, but you still to new to receive them yet. Any info you can give would be helpfull. I'll try again later to PM you. Thanks

alan7264

I have added you to my contacts (dont know if that will help anyway though!)

I will try and work out how to PM you, I have a CD with all the maintenance and servicing etc and if I can get your address, I will copy and post to you. Best wait until we can PM before exchanging addresses though.

alan7264

I am based in Essex. Ask me another as it may help my post count and enable me to get PM's!