• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Komatsu Owner

excavatornoob

I got this machine with some land i purchased and was wondering if anyone is familiar with it and the context of the machine. Is it a good model? is it valuable? anything of note for the year make or model etc Thanks! It's a Komatsu 2012 with about 5500 hours on it. It has growzers and a thumb. Model pc220lc

Welder Dave

You got a low hour 2012 PC220LC excavator thrown in on a property purchase? Go buy a lottery ticket right away. Usually derelict machines are left behind, not machines ready to go to a jobsite. That machine is worth tens of thousands of $$$$$$.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Welcome to the Forums excnoob! Glad to have you.

Well that was a loaded first post. We are going to need more info on the machine starting with is it operational? Any pics?

excavatornoob

Welcome to the Forums excnoob! Glad to have you.

Well that was a loaded first post. We are going to need more info on the machine starting with is it operational? Any pics?

Attachments

• IMG_3110.jpeg
    IMG_3110.jpeg
    152.5 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_3109.jpeg
    IMG_3109.jpeg
    173.8 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_3108.jpeg
    IMG_3108.jpeg
    298.5 KB · Views: 48

skyking1

Nice. Easco cleanup bucket, CWS progressive thumb. That is an odd track setup. I wonder if that is some sort of bolt on grouser kit?
Does it have any other buckets with it?

Welder Dave

Looks like a lot of peat moss type soil. Maybe the odd grousers help with traction on soft underfoot conditions?

KSSS

Occupation
excavation
Nice. Easco cleanup bucket, CWS progressive thumb. That is an odd track setup. I wonder if that is some sort of bolt on grouser kit?

I have seen these grouser attachments for sale on the internet. They bolt on the tracks and give you somewhat of a single grouser type capability on triple grousers and they make them for rubber tracks.

Looks like you got a nice gift with the land purchase. Beats the heck out of the typical 1981 Chevy Citation full of clothes and a dead cat. Not sure why someone would do that unless they were just happy to sell the property and didn't want to mess with selling the ex separate.

Welder Dave

Might want to check to make sure the excavator was part of the property deal. That's a heck of a freebie.

Catsparky1

It looks good not abused and Komatsu makes a good machine .
But at 5000 hours something will be broke and that's probably why it comes with the property .

5000 is the magic number for Komatsu and that simple part will be stupid expensive to replace .

Shimmy1

Have you tried moving it yet? I don't see any icons lit in the top left corner. Unless you had it running and the safety off when you took the pic of the display. Looks suspicious.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
Does it crank?

Do the hydraulics work?
Will it travel back and forth?
Any warning lights?
What do the fluids and filters look like?

BC Placer gold

High quality bucket & thumb for sure!

CWS is top quality stuff, used here for years in the logging industry etc.

Welder Dave

A lot of contractors prefer Komatsu excavators. I don't know any details of the property deal but I doubt there's much wrong with the machine with only 5300 hours. A former neighbor who does demolition uses only Komatsu excavators and has at least 8 of them up to a 750. Mostly 300's and 400's. The Komatsu dealer had a story about the business in their magazine. One of the 1st machines before he got really big was a used 300 and he figured it had 30,000 hours on it when it was retired. After that they went exclusive Komatsu.