• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New jcb 5cx and 1cx tracked. Thoughts and opinions!

gpap123

Occupation
Civil Engineer - Contructor

powerjoke

Occupation
owner/operator/estimator/mechanic/grunt/ditchdigge
Leave it to jcb to try and re invent the wheel :rolleyes:

Pj

Fred Cosworth

gpap123 - I can't comment on 5CX as not driven one but did spend many hours in a 4CX many years ago. That concept was good and now all serious backhoe manufacturers have an equal size wheel version.

I had a try of the 1CXT which has been out on customer trials a few months ago and it was just like a CTL but with the benefit of the backhoe.

The video on youtube shows the machine but it comes into its own on soft or steep ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eTBkmQSRaDI

d4c24a

jcb produced the equal sized machine after the army brought hydremas ,that were already equal wheel ,jcb only copied other better ones ,5cx is a 4cx super with a bigger engine

Fred Cosworth

d4c24a - sorry, yes you are quite right the army did buy the Hydrema machines. My mistake was that I should have said 4WS as opposed to equal size wheel.

The earliest 4WS backhoe I can remember was the 2CX from around 1990. I can remember the 4WS Sanderson Teleporter and an impressive Kramer WLS from the same era though.

d4c24a

Hi Fred i used one of the very first 4cx machines off the production line ,and it was in 1990 , had quite a few problems too
cheers graham

Deon

Looks like a nice little machine for smooth soft ground. Only thing is there is no place for hundreds of miles of here that isn't packed with rock.:)