• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland LS170 boom ?

smick

Occupation
MFG Engineer / Mechanic
I have a 2000 New Holland LS 170 and it will not start today. I replaced the start interlock relay, no help. Started last to days just fine. Inside heated building. I believe it is the starter or solinoid. My question: Does anyone know what I have to do to manually lift the boom with a forklift?

farm_boy

Just about the only way that I know would be to remove the hydraulic lines from the cylinders. This is a little messy, but it will allow the cylinders to extend by lifting the boom with a forklift.

albert

170 holland

I have a 2000 New Holland LS 170 and it will not start today. I replaced the start interlock relay, no help. Started last to days just fine. Inside heated building. I believe it is the starter or solinoid. My question: Does anyone know what I have to do to manually lift the boom with a forklift?

remove the sol on hyd control valve to move the boom also ck the 5 amp fuse in the eng comparemt

smick

Occupation
MFG Engineer / Mechanic
Thanks for the info.
I forgot you can put the boom in a float position. So I did that and had the boom lifted with a fork truck.

clayton

if this is a forklift you have then remove the cylinders and your gona need some winches and stuff. my dad works at a forklift place so i know alot stuff on them so if you have any questions feel free to ask me. any questions on repairs or anything ive worked with the technians so i know just about every thing on a forklift