• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Holland DC180

farm_boy

Its been a while since running one of these, but I came across this ol girl at the local NH dealer today. Anyone else have any experience with these? Not too many of them around. This one has a touch over 4000 hours. It didn't look like it was in too bad of shape. Decent rails, probably 40% pins and good shoes. The cab needed one of those jumbo tree air fresheners though:D

This was the precursor of the current Case 1850.

Attachments

• CIMG5744.jpg
    CIMG5744.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 1,112
  • CIMG5751.jpg
    CIMG5751.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 1,077
  • CIMG5748.jpg
    CIMG5748.jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 1,061
  • CIMG5746.jpg
    CIMG5746.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 1,097
  • CIMG5752.jpg
    CIMG5752.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 1,136

motrack

Charter Member
Occupation
field service tech
I have patching them up for going on 9 yrs now. Same drivetrain as a case 1850. Final drive seals can be a problem. With 4000 hrs showing the torque converter has been out once to be updated. Most stoped moving around 1800 hrs.

Cab trim is different than a case and not available. steering controls are different than a case. How does it steer when warmed up? Not too many dealers have the tool ( called a BB3) to plug in and adjust steering.

AC is a bit small for cab. Thats the good news

Now the bad...... does the transmission blow oil from breather? You will know cause blows onto the exh manifold and turbo.

Dont expect overnight parts. I have machines in the shop that waited 2 months before a needed part was available. We had a new unit on the lot that was striped for parts to keep other new customer machines running.

Other than that........ its a good machine ;)

Thomasdiesel

Hello motrack, I am new to this site, found it while looking for info on these machines. I currently have the engine out of one for an overhaul as it had been hot and scored cylinders. Customer also stated that converter had been leaking. After seeing you post about the converter failures and " update ", would like to know more about the specifics. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

muleman76

I am also in need of information regarding the brakes. Ours will not release and getting a couple lights on the dash after this started. Any ideas??? Not making any cash with the machine sitting, and need it going. Appreciate the feedback! Thanks!