• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New here first post

Brodiesel

Occupation
My wife makes all the $$$.
Hello. Nice truck. Work on anything good lately? Any horror stories so far?

Zrupp

Only horror story is collecting the money. Right now I have the front diff apart on a 980c cat. Nothing new that everyone else has not seen.

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
Only horror story is collecting the money. Right now I have the front diff apart on a 980c cat. Nothing new that everyone else has not seen.
May not be anything new but still like to see pictures. Sometimes something in the back ground of a picture turns out to be more interesting than what you actually took the picture of!

Zrupp

I'm located in Ulysses KS. Very far south west corner. In 45 min I can be in Oklahoma and Colorado. Biggest thing I am fighting now is a 644EZ John Deere loader. An ex army machine. Keeps frying the voltage regulators. Has been through 5 alternators in a year and a half. Customer has no time to wait for a proper repair only slap another on and go!! But last week he finally decided he wants it fixed. Said he didn't realize how expensive it was starting to get to just keep changing them.

Zrupp

IMG_1070.JPG IMG_1026.JPG IMG_1028.JPG IMG_1029.JPG John Deere 6076 natural gas irrigation engine coming in to have the head pulld sand rebuilt. Was running way lean on well head gas and torched an exhaust valve. 980 cat with differential and planetary issues.

Zrupp

IMG_1543.JPG IMG_1544.JPG IMG_1551.JPG IMG_1061.JPG 855 cummins natural gas engine. Getting a valve adjustment and a good checkup before irrigation season. Cat scraper with a splattered planetary. Customer called and said they had the local cat boys out due to the right front wheel was locked up. Cat said the brake lining was gone and the shoe was welded to the drum. They didn't even try and move the machine. Id say the were a lil off. Lol

Zrupp

IMG_1118.JPG IMG_1120.JPG IMG_1121.JPG 16G transmission is smoked. Getting it pulled to send in for full rebuild. I usually push to build them myself but I am covered up and don't have the time to. Hoping it's not one of this deals where I have to put it on and take it off several times.

Zrupp

566AF286-3E44-460A-84DD-B4986A47794B.jpeg 335F90C6-7108-4731-A66B-769C18F48DDC.jpeg A30D3458-B5F6-430B-A8D5-2D00CA8AECB3.jpeg John Deere skid steer that was getting cylinder pressure into the return fuel system due to a failed copper washer on the bottom of one of the injectors. A full fuel system rebuild and it ought to be good to go for another 8000 hours.

willie59

Administrator
Occupation
Service Manager
Welcome to HEF Zrupp, it's always good (to me anyway) to see another wrench bender show up here, please do crack open a cold one and hang out with us. :cool: