• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New guy work pics

Browning.270

Hey guys i been checking all these work pic threads out for a long time and finally got around to joining. I just turned 28 and have been working for a small outfit for the last 5 years or so. We do mostly farm type work, building site prep, demos etc, but try to take on any job we feel we are capable of. We also do a ton of snow plowing in the winter. Il try to post some pics i have on my phone of some of the projects ive done, but i havent been real good about taking pics of our work. I realy look up to all you guys on here and have learned a ton!! Im always trying to get better at every aspect of our line of work so feel free to post any comments or suggestions you may have, im all for constructive criticisism

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 1,204
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 1,195

Browning.270

And they are sideways..il try not to do that again! I was building a waterway with our 6n, the first pic is pushing out material to the sides. Other pic is when i was grading it end to end

Browning.270

image.jpgimage.jpgRight now it aint real fit for any jobs we got going so im starting on my shop work. Im giving our 700 its annual service and clean up..ive got most of the not fun stuff done just have to paint the track frame covers and finish waxing the whole machine. I try to keep all our equipment in as good a shape as i can. The heated portion of our shop is pretty tight and hard to keep neat when im working on stuff, but i aint gonna complain about having heat to work in during the winter!

Browning.270

image.jpgimage.jpg

Here we were putting a driveway in to get to the back of this property, and shaping everything up so it was mowable. I didnt take any pics but there was a big hump on the one side that i used to fill it in

Browning.270

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg
Heres what it turned out like, we did end up putting rock on the driveway also

Last edited:

Wes J

I'm from Albany and my wife is from Fulton. My dad has a small machine shop/repair shop in Albany. I'm in Peoria now, but will probably make my way back there someday.

Browning.270

I'm from Albany and my wife is from Fulton. My dad has a small machine shop/repair shop in Albany. I'm in Peoria now, but will probably make my way back there someday.

Hell yea man i live in Erie, most of our work is more port byron area

dirty4fun

Good to see some of your work, thanks for sharing, Browning. Especially so close as I am from Prophestown, own the old lumber yard in Springhill. In Florida right now enjoying the better weather.

Wes J

Hell yea man i live in Erie, most of our work is more port byron area

Cool. It's different working in the river valley. We have some rough terrain compared to the rest of the state. I'm down in the Illinois river valley and it is similar.

Browning.270

Cool. It's different working in the river valley. We have some rough terrain compared to the rest of the state. I'm down in the Illinois river valley and it is similar.

What kind of work you doing down there? I deer hunt a public piece down there on the Illinois river. Very neat country

Oxbow

And they are sideways..il try not to do that again! I was building a waterway with our 6n, the first pic is pushing out material to the sides. Other pic is when i was grading it end to end

I was gonna say, that 6 sure sticks to a slope good! :D

Nice work, and thanks for posting.

Browning.270

image.jpgimage.jpg
I put in a new field entrance on this project so the farmer could get bigger equipment in. It was a thick wooded creek bottom, but i didnt get any good pics before i took all the trees out. The first pic is when i dug out for the tube to be layed in. Last pic is looking from the other side when i was finishing up. Its not perfectly straight due to the way the creek winded thru the bottom, but i tried getting the top to go across the tube as straight as i could to get it as wide as possible. I also put big rip rap on both sides of the tube. You can see in the last pic, over to the left is where i stole the majority of my dirt for fill