• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Deere Track Loaders

Deereman

I think deere is working on that perspective that they are just a paint and decal company. And I don't know but for some reason I have a feeling that there is something going on with them and Hitachi. Don't know what but something.
I know its a lot to say but If I was deere this is what I would do.
*Drop hitachi- Why? They have too many ppl linked to their machines. Too many pups trying to suck off the excavator ***.(alot to do with parts also)or possibly have controlling interest in construction equipment division
*Buy BELL-Why? 3/4 to 7/8 of their product line is deere rebadged. Should be a great buy now with the way things are. Plus it would be a great time to get into that region. IT has alot of potential. Markets are somewhat growing.Plus bring their parts inventory up.
*Liebherr-What?- keep growing with them. Seem to be a very stable and reliable company. Great products. Maybe a way for deere to get in to the mining if they choose( I know hitachi is too) Thats in the air
*Letourneau- OOPPPSSS, well, you will have to find out yourself on that one..

* On a side note, I think yanmar and deere have more then just engines going on(sum n fishy with the mini's) ( I know hitachi makes them, but)
*Needs to have a 90 to 100hp motor grader. like a champion or basic for the small guys and paving companies.

I know this is getting off subject but what do ya'll think? Any other advise or comments??

bigdig

Occupation
part time contractor/landscaper
The Mercedes V6 in the 400D is 11.95 liters. I was talking to some guys at the Deere exhibit during Conexpo 2008 and they told me the 6135 inline six was to long and wouldn't fit in the 350-400D chassis without making some modifications. The Mercedes
V6 has compact dimensions, and fits easily.
I am looking forward to seeing the new track loaders as well. I am assuming they will be built in Dubuque. This would allow Deere to share components with the 750-850 dozers. I wonder if Deere will use Liebherr designed mainframes, or their own design? If they used Liebherr designed mainframes with Deere components, they could theoretically build a 973 challenger by resurrecting the old Liebherr LR641 chassis. The design process would be similar to the 605C, which was based on the Liebherr LR611 but uses the Deere 650J LGP drivetrain.
Burnout, you should be in one of their customer focus groups.

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
Deereman.... how is Deere a paint and decal company? I have seen you say this before and I would love some clarification on this?

Deere builds their own Backhoes, the smaller Excavators, ADT's, 850 and down dozers, Wheel Loaders, Skid Steers, CTL's and Scrapers... i could be missing others but... I don't feel like doing a lot of thinking.

Drop Hitachi? Really? I know we can't make fun of members on here but what kind of half cooked idea is that? I of all people loved the 90/92 series hoes. But we all know the new hitachi designed machines are leaps and bounds ahead. Deere/Hitachi does build the finest excavator out there, and this is coming from a guy who works for mainly CAT company.

As for a 973 challenger... bring it. Like I said I have a friend at JD and I have told him/her that if they build one I want to be the first guy to beat on that loader. If I'm getting a Deere 955 I want 300hp...lol The 240hp I have now isn't enough.

Deereman

Deereman.... how is Deere a paint and decal company? I have seen you say this before and I would love some clarification on this?

Deere builds their own Backhoes, the smaller Excavators, ADT's, 850 and down dozers, Wheel Loaders, Skid Steers, CTL's and Scrapers... i could be missing others but... I don't feel like doing a lot of thinking.

Drop Hitachi? Really? I know we can't make fun of members on here but what kind of half cooked idea is that? I of all people loved the 90/92 series hoes. But we all know the new hitachi designed machines are leaps and bounds ahead. Deere/Hitachi does build the finest excavator out there, and this is coming from a guy who works for mainly CAT company.

As for a 973 challenger... bring it. Like I said I have a friend at JD and I have told him/her that if they build one I want to be the first guy to beat on that loader. If I'm getting a Deere 955 I want 300hp...lol The 240hp I have now isn't enough.

Burnout I'm guessing you've never heard that before??And no I was not the one saying it but trying to clarify it someone else on here that did. Working at a deere dealer ship I heard it all. And there are a few out there that think that way. Even thoe the adts are built in the states, the first think out of ppls mouths are "thats a bell".
And yes the new hoes are getting better by a load but it not all its not all hitachi. It works just like how the the 755d is, less deere then(755c) more deere now(755d)
The point I'm getting to is seeing parts and pieces of hitachi everywhere in a different name and paint scheme.i.e. undercarriages on one brand and turntable on another( I guess a whole lot to do with parts)

And say you want to see the return of an 855? WHAT? A 300 hp track loader?? you out your mind:eek::drinkup
A 240hp loader(i'm guessing thats a 73c or d is) isn't big enough for ya??
No seriously, does the 73's not do the job? What is it that you need that big of a loader? Not being a smarta** just wanting to know:D

Last edited:

Burnout

Occupation
I work for a company that runs quite a few 973's and no.... that machine doesn't quite have the oomph we could use. 300hp would be enough to get the job done I am sure of it.

My ideal 973+ loader would be 5yd bucket, relatively the same footprint the current 73 has, like I said 300hp and the same maneuverablity the 73C has. As for what I do? I am sewer and water backfill.

Here are my 2 former loaders. A 1999 973A with a 5.25yd bucket and a 2005 973C with its 4.2yd bucket.

Attachments

• DSC01527Small.jpg
    DSC01527Small.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 610
  • DSC02033Small.jpg
    DSC02033Small.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 612
  • DSC01612Small.jpg
    DSC01612Small.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 621
  • DSC01649Small.jpg
    DSC01649Small.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 622

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
I work for a company that runs quite a few 973's and no.... that machine doesn't quite have the oomph we could use. 300hp would be enough to get the job done I am sure of it.

My ideal 973+ loader would be 5yd bucket, relatively the same footprint the current 73 has, like I said 300hp and the same maneuverablity the 73C has. As for what I do? I am sewer and water backfill.

Here are my 2 former loaders. A 1999 973A with a 5.25yd bucket and a 2005 973C with its 4.2yd bucket.

Burnout is rite a 300hp loader would be awesome for backfill. you need a D8 but it has to be narrow enough to cut around manholes, and need's the hp to bulk the dirt in from up top. The 300hp would be a small marked but a justifiable one forsure.

As for droping hitachi, Hitachi has been the tool that deere used to come out of the ag business and make them a big player in the construction industry.
Run a 690A its 100%deere built. Run a 690d its hitachi built there is a huge improvement between the two, who is going to build the pumps and hydraulic system for these new machines that you want deere to build. Hitachi-deere make the best excavators on the market. If you had a good thing going IE (a excavator that Destroys a cat machine ) Why would you screw that up

Buying bell on the other hand would be a good decission but if you were going to drop hitachi and manufacture your own excavators why not build your own trucks, they already have the powertrains in their graders and loaders. So whynot build your own trucks and tell bell to go pound sand, cause a adt is easier to build than a excavator.

Liebherr is a company that i hope deere will distance themselves from because i have demod the crawler dozers and own their crawler loaders,and run their 344j All of them have been terrible machines, their 1050 wouldnt compete with our 7n. Not to mention the german parts and manuals. Look on Rock and dirt or auction sales the liebherr equipment that is sold under the deer name is worthless because it is a product that is designed for germany not for canada or the us. No one that i have talked to would buy another machine that was liebherr.

Burnout

Occupation
Man between Deeretime and Deereman... I am getting confused hahahahahahaha.

Anyways as for the ADT's Deere is apparently going to design and build their own truck from what I have understood. Am I wrong on this one? As for the early 690's... my grandfather has a 690B/D/E and a 200. As for the 690D LC.... is it not still John Deere design and built? From memory the 690D still runs the Linde pump does it not? As for having a machine that would destroy a cat... I reference you to every hoe in the Deere line and its current Caterpillar competitor. I'll take a 200D over a 320D

Liebherr..... I have had experience with a 950J and wow... it pushed like our 7R couldn't. And I still swear to this day that 950 had a bigger blade than the 8R... same with the ripper. The 950 was comfortable, easy to run, responsive and fun, what it wasn't was durable. That 950 is the only one in Edmonton and there is a reason. Even the Brandt salesman don't want to talk about that machine. If the dozers had some influence by JD... they would be a world class machine just like the smaller dozers are.

My 973 is highly overworked as is... so more power please. As for a D8... we use those as well sometimes. They are a nice med size dozer IMO. Cat wouldn't sell too many of the 983 sized machines, but the Demolition guys still use the old ones. Landfill guys will buy em I imagine, and steel mills, and of course us haha.

Deeretime what part of the province are you in?

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
Deeretime what part of the province are you in?
Im by a little town called highriver its 30 min south of calgary.

The 690 A is the only 100% deere excavator, form there up its hitachi im not sure on the pumps that they run in them cause i was only five when we had our D. deere might have just used their own motor and pump system for the d series and a hitachi frame and cab.
But i do remember getting a 892elc which replaced our 892d and it was a way faster and smoother machine because of the hitachi influence on it.

Is your 950 a J series or a c series because i demoed the c series and they may not have had the bugs worked out on it, but that one i wasnt impressed with, who knows they might be diferent now .

hvy 1ton

I think deere is working on that perspective that they are just a paint and decal company.

Because i don't want to type too much lets go with the things that Deere doesn't build. Excavators, ADT's, 950/1050 dozers, and Track loaders. Out of those 4 sounds like they are gonna start building 2 of them in the near future. They are not going to drop hitachi, it's just that simple. Hitachi brought deere into the excavator market. An example of how committed the two companies are to the partnership just look at DHSA division. Deere brought what they knew about swing machines and hitachi brought the meat and bones of excavators to bulid some truely awesome machines. And from everything i've heard and read about the reliability of the 950/1050 machines deer would have been better of terminating that part of the deere-liebherr contract too. I have never heard anything bad about the 244-344 loaders though. There are 2 244's and a 304 running around town working small pipe jobs and snow clearing in the winter.

Burnout

Occupation
The 950 Waiward has is a J series. Like I said its a nice and powerful machine.... just give me a better cab and some more Deere-ness out of it.

I'll have to make it to highriver next time I am down to calgary, you seem like interesting folk...lol

Deereman

Like the feedback so far.
As far as hitachi goes I might be wrong but I guess I'm looking more from a global stand point and that there was some squabling going on between deeretachi. When this was going down it was rumored that deere was looking at buying daewoo when they where floating around....:beatsme
when it comes to building your own trucks from scratch it would have eaten up alot of cash flow for r & d. More then you could know. Look at cat they just buy a company out and go gong hoe in which ever market is bringing in the doe at that time.
The reason rebagged liebherr's don't bring nothing is cause ppl know what they are and are ALOT relucktant to try a new player. When the machine can prove itself maybe then they will open up.I really don't care what deere does as long as they build a good product and can back it up.

Wolf

Deere stock

Deere stock is going thru the roof, and I am loving it. If can't make money on the jobs, at least there is opportunity in the marche before it crashes big time.

bigdig

Occupation
There seems to be a misconception that Deere ADTs are not built here. I've toured the Davenport plant twice in recent years, and I can assure you they build/assemble the ADTs destined for North America there. If I remember correctly, when I toured the plant they had just installed a robotic paint booth that paints the dump bins. I was really cool to watch. If any of you ever get the opportunity to tour Davenport or Dubuque, do it. It is great experience.
Deere builds the ADT's under license from Bell. Deere owns 29% of Bell. Bell in turn manufacturers Deere side shift backhoes. The Bell ADTs manufacturered in Germany or South Africa are a little different than those built in the USA, ie smooth dump bins vs, ribbed, mercedes engines across the board, different dump linkage.
All companies, have to think globally to be successful in the future. Look at Cat, I believe 51% of their product is manufactured outside of the US. Cat bought DJB back in the 80's to break into the ADT market.

bigdig

Occupation
Bell ADT

I suppose this doesn't belong on the track loader page.

Attachments

• Bell.jpg
    Bell.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 791

bigdig

Occupation
Liebherr LR641

Ad a Deere Cab and controls, drivetrain, 6090H, Deere electronics package, let Burnout critique it, and Deere may have a 973 Challeneger.

Vikes and Saints tied 14/14 at halftime, it's a nailbiter.

Attachments

• lr641.jpg
    lr641.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 786

Burnout

Occupation
Let me save you the time of adding all that crap to that LB track loader... I have run one. Well at least I took it for a good rip at RB here. The visibility is poor for that size a machine, the hydraulics are SLOW... even compared to a 973 and they have slow hydraulics. The back end is awkward on the LB, lose the ripper since they can't get enough traction to use one anyways. I also dispise LB cabs with a passion. Oh yeah... electronic float is stupid. Make it a kickout like everyone else instead of a button. The controls feel stiff even compared to a 73A.

The first time I jumped in a Deere/LB track loader I will admit I got all excited. I mean the front dash panel is really low to the floor.... but you still can't see anything. You don't sit as high as you can in the Cat cab when you jack the seat up. The steering pedals were also placed in a weird way as well. I like to sit comfortably with my joysticks close to me... but those pedals were places so far ahead the sticks were too close.

I'll give it one thing over my 973 though.... the side windows open... thats a plus for me. But... the 973D has opening side windows too, and a cupholder. I am not a Cat man... but they listened and gave us the 3 things we wanted with the D series. A opening window, cupholder and the cab tilts again. Does the LB cab tilt?

I also looked again.... the 641 runs pretty light. Our 73's all run in the 72-75000lb range with 110gal of fuel in em.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
they listened and gave us the 3 things we wanted with the D series. A opening window, cupholder and the cab tilts again

Right on.:drinkup Too bad it will be 2015 until I can buy myself a 953D.:rolleyes:

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
!

I'll have to make it to highriver next time I am down to calgary, you seem like interesting folk...lol[/QUOTE]

Ill tell you what im coming to edmonton on feb 4th for a alberta onsite waste watter management ceminar
so ill buy you a beer and you can show me some sureway iron!

deere200

I'm new here and have run the new 755d it is awsome. I currently have a 963b that we bought new and currently have 15000 hrs. I am looking at a 05 755c with 1600hrs and wondering if anyone here has run one. Felt like a good machine and for the price I cant go wrong.

Burnout

Occupation
I have run a 755C Series 2.......as much as I hate to say this.... stick with the Cat.

Sorry but I have no love for the JD C series track loaders.