• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New Deere Track Loaders

Burnout

Occupation
Operator at Sureway Construction
it means that it is sitting in a pen and looks like it has been pushing manure Making it a heavy duty tractor

Nahh thats just the super duper secret testing facility. I had to sneak in there to find the place.

Deereman

Some of the reason you didn't see a deere engine in a 9/1050J and a 450Dlc was due to emissions. But the D-loader you see above is the same thing for now that deere is suppose to start building in the states. Just like how the trucks moved up here and the side shift backhoes moved south. If deere can ever break deeper into these new markets that they are tryiing to you better believe the product will continue to get better. A 1050 or 1150 with a 6135H in her would be one hell of a machine!!:thumbsup

bigdig

Occupation
part time contractor/landscaper
It would make sense for Deere to standardize powertrains. (Although it may not be economically feasible to do so at this time).
For example, a 450DLC Hoe has an Isuzu Engine, a 400D ADT a Mercedes engine, a 1050J Dozer a Liebherr engine, and an 844K a Deere engine. A contractor using larger Deere equipment would have four different brands of powertrain to maintain.
I believe the 6135H would fit in the 450D and 1050J, not 400D ADT. The 6135H is an inline six and is to long to fit under the hood, requiring a more compact V6.

Burnout

Occupation
It would make sense for Deere to standardize powertrains. (Although it may not be economically feasible to do so at this time).
For example, a 450DLC Hoe has an Isuzu Engine, a 400D ADT a Mercedes engine, a 1050J Dozer a Liebherr engine, and an 844K a Deere engine. A contractor using larger Deere equipment would have four different brands of powertrain to maintain.
I believe the 6135H would fit in the 450D and 1050J, not 400D ADT. The 6135H is an inline six and is to long to fit under the hood, requiring a more compact V6.

You could drop the 6135H in the 400D. There is lots of room up there. Cat has a big I-6 in the 740 and the front end of that truck is shorter than the 400. There is easily enough room, its whether Deere wants to give up the mercedes engine in the truck.

As for streamlining engines Deere has done that, the first step was the 450.

Emissions are a big part of the game now, and its going to be interesting to see what everyone does.

bigdig

Occupation
part time contractor/landscaper
The 450D through 850 D excavators all use an Isuzu 15.7 liter engine. The older 450 C series excavator used the 6125H. The 350D on down to the 120D are fitted with Deere engines. I believe the 225D uses an Isuzu. I am not sure about the smaller excavators.
Your probably right on the ADT. The smaller 250-300 ADTs use Funk transmissions, the 350-400 uses Allison. Maybe the Deere engine doesn't mate up to the Allison tranmission at this time, so they need to keep the Mercedes.
I am interested to see what Conexpo 2011 will bring in terms of updates.

Burnout

Occupation
The 450D through 850 D excavators all use an Isuzu 15.7 liter engine. The older 450 C series excavator used the 6125H. The 350D on down to the 120D are fitted with Deere engines. I believe the 225D uses an Isuzu. I am not sure about the smaller excavators.
Your probably right on the ADT. The smaller 250-300 ADTs use Funk transmissions, the 350-400 uses Allison. Maybe the Deere engine doesn't mate up to the Allison tranmission at this time, so they need to keep the Mercedes.
I am interested to see what Conexpo 2011 will bring in terms of updates.

Mating the Deere to the Allison is just a matter of an adaptor. It's the same science that has been swapping SBC into Jeeps for 20yrs. Yes the 450C had the 12.5 but with them putting the Isuzu in both D series machines it allowed them to streamline.

Digger1000

You also have to consider volume. As the size of machine increases, the amount sold goes down, so the extra effort it takes to package a Deere engine into those larger machines just isn't worth the effort. You also have to consider more than just fitting the engines, its software, cooling packages etc...

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
You could drop the 6135H in the 400D. There is lots of room up there. Cat has a big I-6 in the 740 and the front end of that truck is shorter than the 400. There is easily enough room, its whether Deere wants to give up the mercedes engine in the truck.

As for streamlining engines Deere has done that, the first step was the 450.

Emissions are a big part of the game now, and its going to be interesting to see what everyone does.

Deere has upgraded the 250D-300D they now got a deere motor in them except for the big ones, its just taking deere alot longer than we think it should for them to incorporate their power trains into their new equipment

Burnout

Occupation
Deere has upgraded the 250D-300D they now got a deere motor in them except for the big ones, its just taking deere alot longer than we think it should for them to incorporate their power trains into their new equipment

I was cruisin around Deere's website the other day and see that they have updated the D series trucks again. Granted it was late fall when the press release came out but they are calling them the D Series 2. They have updated the cab, as well as a std. payload system with indicators for the loading operator, a Central Tire Monitoring System and some updates to the cab. Didn't say much about the powertrain but the D series has been out what? 6yrs maybe 7 now?

As for the engine, I got to thinkin about the engine for the 400. How big is that Mercedes engine? I know our 740 Cats run C18s. Does Deere have an engine in that displacement class to run 450-500hp?

With ConExpo a year away does it seem like we're gonna be seeing a new truck? It's feelin like its gonna be a new show. The D series hoes have been out almost 5yrs since they introduced the first units, so I am hoping they have an E series hoe. I would bet it will be a 450 since the 45 ton hoe always seems to be the first updated machine in the line.

I think we won't be waiting too long on a new truck.

Deeretime

Occupation
superintendent
The last i have heard deere has been prototyping their large engines for their equipment and for highway tractos But that was a year or so ago, They sure seem to take their sweet time with the developement and testing. I find it stupid to buy these other name brand machines and sell them well deere is still trying to figure out how to service and maintain them aswell as Try to install their power plant in those machines.

Conexpo will be amazing next year cause everyone will have the new series of machines out. hopefuly like you say update from the excavators and im hoping to see a new series grader that will compete with a 14m not the retrofit 872G

We will have to have a H.E.F meeting area at conexpo tho so we can all critisise and tear apart the new iron and our girlfriends and wifes will be able to do their own stuff togeather
There is nothing worse than bringing your woman to con expo !

Burnout

Occupation
I as well would like to see a larger grader, but I'm not holding my breath. I would imagine the new track loaders should be ready for 2011, and a new truck would be nice.

As for a HEF meeting... we had one in 08. I imagine we will be doing the same. I just left my lady at the hotel and she found her own things to do. Granted the night I ditched her to hang out with everyone was a sad night. The next day I paid for it dearly......

Deereman

I as well would like to see a larger grader, but I'm not holding my breath. I would imagine the new track loaders should be ready for 2011, and a new truck would be nice.

As for a HEF meeting... we had one in 08. I imagine we will be doing the same. I just left my lady at the hotel and she found her own things to do. Granted the night I ditched her to hang out with everyone was a sad night. The next day I paid for it dearly......

What new track loaders do you mean??the new d will be out for a while now before they change again.

I know deere is slow on getting products out but they tend to check and recheck and check again on quality before something gets put out into production. Its cheaper before not after a product is launched to fix.

The 6135H is capable of 600hp and more. The 6090h is capable as well of alot but the bigger a motor in a smaller of a machine the more reliable it usually is. Its not having to work as hard and rpm's and fuel consumption stay low.

Burnout

Occupation
What new track loaders do you mean??the new d will be out for a while now before they change again.

I know deere is slow on getting products out but they tend to check and recheck and check again on quality before something gets put out into production. Its cheaper before not after a product is launched to fix.

The 6135H is capable of 600hp and more. The 6090h is capable as well of alot but the bigger a motor in a smaller of a machine the more reliable it usually is. Its not having to work as hard and rpm's and fuel consumption stay low.

I am sure the 6135 is capable of 600hp..... but as with trucks there is no replacement for displacement. HP is good, but torque is the name of the game. At 600hp is that 13.5 gonna drop the numbers that a C18 making 500hp is gonna pull?

And with regards to the "new" track loaders. If you lookin the Deere website early last year they announced they will be building their own track loaders from now on instead of Liebherr. Which means... new series.

On a side note I am on the Deere site right now... te top rated power is 600hp with 1881ft lbs of torque, and at 550hp is 1792ft lbs. I am also looking on Cats site, our 740E's have a C15 in them, I thought I remember the 18 being up front. It could work... but I'd still be looking for a bigger engine than the 13.5

Deereman

I am sure the 6135 is capable of 600hp..... but as with trucks there is no replacement for displacement. HP is good, but torque is the name of the game. At 600hp is that 13.5 gonna drop the numbers that a C18 making 500hp is gonna pull?

And with regards to the "new" track loaders. If you lookin the Deere website early last year they announced they will be building their own track loaders from now on instead of Liebherr. Which means... new series.

On a side note I am on the Deere site right now... te top rated power is 600hp with 1881ft lbs of torque, and at 550hp is 1792ft lbs. I am also looking on Cats site, our 740E's have a C15 in them, I thought I remember the 18 being up front. It could work... but I'd still be looking for a bigger engine than the 13.5

True. But the 6090H can produce 1800ftlb of torque. Its kinda like the ol 7.3L in the fords. They didn't produce a lot of hp but they where a hell of a puller. And the true specs on the 6135 are lowballed by deere.
I agree. I would love to see a big 16 or 18L Deere engine.
A 18L with twins on the top, straight piped : drool

The track loader deal is like the 605 deal. Everything is deere besides frame and being assembled in Austria via port Baltimore. Its going to work the same way with the 655/755's. Which as you already see deere is pretty much taken over with the loader already.

Burnout

Occupation
True. But the 6090H can produce 1800ftlb of torque. Its kinda like the ol 7.3L in the fords. They didn't produce a lot of hp but they where a hell of a puller. And the true specs on the 6135 are lowballed by deere.
I agree. I would love to see a big 16 or 18L Deere engine.
A 18L with twins on the top, straight piped : drool

The track loader deal is like the 605 deal. Everything is deere besides frame and being assembled in Austria via port Baltimore. Its going to work the same way with the 655/755's. Which as you already see deere is pretty much taken over with the loader already.

I will say one thing for Deere... if the 655/755 end up as good as the 605.... it will be a good unit. Deere does nice work. I would say the low points in their lines are the machines they don't build.