• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New cat ct660

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
Is Navistar still building the Cat trucks this year? I had heard somewhere that Cat was going to split from Navistar on this deal.
Nice truck, I want one too.
Jeff

Dualie

Navistar everything but the block casting and the hood. all the top end in navistar built too. thats why i wished you good luck

Mike L

Occupation
Self employed field mechanic
Pricey too aren't they ?

nowing75

So far they only put a scratch on the back of the mirror when he pulled out of the pit. Just replayed our Mack from them hauling concrete. But thanks for the offer.

nowing75

Yes Mike it's priced about the same as a kW. We have a good relationship with the local cat house so that's why we went with the cat insted of a kW.

Paystar

Occupation
Retired trucking owner/operator
International/Cat is using Cummins SCR components on their new engines.

Cat rep told me to watch for an announcement in 2016 about their return to on-road engines. They already have prototype off road equipment running SCR/Urea engines.

International is supposed to be re-introducing a new Paystar 5600 model that they told me will have many of the changes Cat made to their version of it.

Reece38

nowing75, all i can say is that 38 Square Excavating is very jealous of this purchase. Been wanting on of these trucks for a couple of years now. i hope it all work good for you. maybe in a few years we can turn the old pete dump truck into a road tractor again and buy a real dump truck!