• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

NEW CAT 773F Photos!

Cat446D1

Hey guys, enjoy some new CAT 773F Photos!

Thanks,

Aaron

Attachments

• 773F1small.jpg
    773F1small.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 11,456
  • 773F2small.jpg
    773F2small.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 5,319
  • 773F3small.jpg
    773F3small.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 4,688
  • 773F4small.jpg
    773F4small.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 6,810

alco

I actually like the look of it, although the cab has a few flaws that I would have a hard time with. I haven't run one myself, but I have talked with an operator that was on one and know what he had to say.

He said it is very hard to hear anything in the way of horn signals from the hoe when you are loading. Since the only windows that open are on the left side of the cab, you can't hear the hoe at all if he is on the right hand side. The only windows that open only hinge out a bit at the front for the door window and the rear corner window opens a bit to the rear. When you have the rear corner window closed, the sound from behind has no way into the cab. Even with the front window open, since it is designed to act as a forward facing scoop, the sound goes right past the window and you still can't hear it.

I'm not a fan of the fact that the windows are setup like they are. My main reason...other than the sound reasons.........is that when the A/C gives out....and it will.......you'll have no real ventilation.

I have been in the cab of a 777F, and the visibility is far better than any truck I have run in the past. I'm sure the major changes they made would take some serious getting used to, but I think they wouldn't be too bad at all.

Brian