• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

New backhoe owner

oz10122007

I've recently purchased a 580 super L case backhoe. On flat grou d it seems to run just fine. But as soon as a get the smallest load or it runs for a little while it doesn't want to pull hills at all so I shut her down. Can someone please help me I'm desperate

oz10122007

I've recently purchased a 580 super L case backhoe. On flat grou d it seems to run just fine. But as soon as a get the smallest load or it runs for a little while it doesn't want to pull hills at all so I shut her down. Can someone please help me I'm desperate
I've also checked my fluids and everything seems on the level besides the dipstick on the left side if your in it. The one right up against the doghouse I guess you would say under the hood . Like I said I'm a new owner just trying to get some info

oz10122007

Is the engine struggling or losing RPM? If so it is likely a fuel issue.
No it doesn't seem to lose power it just acts like I'm trying to run through a wall... rpms stay the same but it just doesn't go anywhere. Unless I'm on flat ground. Would it be the hydraulic fluid that goes in the trans

JBrady

Like others have said, best case scenario, you are just trying to climb a hill in too high of a gear. Worst case scenario you have a burnt up torque converter. The service manual will tell you how to do a stall test to diagnose the torque converter. Here is the jist of it:
1707147480174.png

1707147501574.png