• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need info on bucket

winky

Occupation
Retired Waterman/Floorlayer
Could someone tell me how much side to side play is acceptable . My bucket moves about 2 inch either side , JD 250 . My first skid steer , only have had farm tractors . Also is this expensive to correct , thanks:usa

jean

do you mean that the bucket is moving on the attachment front end? or do you mean that the whole arms are going back and forth?

winky

Occupation
the bucket is not the arms , very sloppy

winky

Occupation
The bucket itself.even when traveling it sways side to side

jean

i am not a professional by no means but that cant be right. do you have manual attatchment clamps or hydraulic? perhaps they need checking to be sure the pin is going all the way into the hole on the bottom or something.

jean

take this with a grain of salt too. is it possible that it aint th right bucket for some reason? maybe the side guides on the top lips are too wide for your machine

winky

Occupation
manual , I think your right I better stop using it until its checked out, other than that it runs very well. I have been pulling out fence post with it by putting a strap around the bucket then wraping it around the post. My 32 horse JD 3203 wont budge them

Cannon

Occupation
Father, Husband, gofer
Slop from side to side can be:
1) Lift Arms have spread outward.
2) Pins between the Lift Arms and Bucket have worn
3) Bucket "Holes" where the pins insert have 'wallered out.
4) The bolts positioned on the outside of the lift arms, that keep the pins in place have loosened.

winky

Occupation
Thanks Cannon , Maybe #3 or #2 but may be a combination of both .

cps

Occupation
plant mechanic
Do you have any other attachments to try on it, to see if they all do the same!

winky

Occupation
Only one I have . It came delivered to me with a new 66inch dirt bucket . I have only put about 5 hours on it around the house . Noticed it right away but thought it was normal not knowing anything about them. I need to clean up a trail on a tree farm and I am concerned about this problem