• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Need Help From BC Old Snags

trakloader

Any of you guys remember this ship? Dad figured she was the CIL freighter that delivered powder all over the coast, direct from James Island. Picture is from the mid to late 50's. Nobody here remembers the name of the ship!

Attachments

• vlcsnap-2012-10-09-14h05m32s37 (Mobile).png
    vlcsnap-2012-10-09-14h05m32s37 (Mobile).png
    232.2 KB · Views: 407

Truckmodeler

Not sure if its the same one in your photo but the MV G.B. Church was used for hauling explosives all over the local area. She was originally the MV Cerium I believe, built in the UK. The GB Church was sunk in 1991 for an artificial reef off of Sidney and is a popular dive spot.

Truckmodeler

The only other ship I've seen reference to is the MV Fort Ross. I have no idea what she looked like. I'm looking through my S.C. Heal books on coastal BC tugs etc. and that name comes up working for CIL.