• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Navy Seabees, A tribute to MCB-9

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
USS Boston Missle ship.My family purchase the starboard Lifeboat at auction and converted it to cabin cruiser. Her engine was a 671 packed in cosmoline. She ran for many years until we sold her.

oldseabee

Occupation
Retired
What ever happened to the lifeboat after it got sold? Is it still around on the water or in a salvage yard somewhere?

truklodyte

Occupation
equipment opp
Back in mid 80s she was sold to another person in East Boston by the draw bridge.We had her from mid 70,s till late 80,s

RGProducts

Hi All, to start, thank you for your service to all who served. God bless.

I purchased a small gravel pit in western NY, and as part of the purchase, I now own an Eagle rock crusher, model 5230C, pictured below. (However, based on the manual I found online, the Stock No. seems to match that of a 5230B) I was excited to learn that this was made in the 70’s for military use, but I know very little other than that. I’ve searched the web a little bit, but haven’t come across much other than a manual, which I plan to purchase. I have no idea if it was ever used in service. I came across this thread, and thought possibly one of you had seen or operated a unit like this. Any and all information would be appreciated greatly. It seems to be intact enough to get the old girl running again, but time and patience will tell. Thanks again for your service, and for sharing all of this fascinating information!
08C8336A-8860-4A72-BF3D-88DC91749DDE.jpegA099A413-E71D-4BFA-99D1-B101D2BF5F45.jpeg 5D85C04A-B0AE-4F64-BB3C-27F7B04AB57D.jpegCBB03CFC-2E0B-4AA6-A18A-84FE0F9C90F1.jpeg

mowingman

Occupation
Retired
I don't know much about that plant, however, I do know that Cedar Rapids, Pettibone-Universal, Eagle, and Pioneer made crushing/screening plants for the military. If yours was built in the 70's, then it is one of the newer ones. I looked at several ex military crushing plants back in the early 90's, and ended up buying an old Pioneer plant. Most of the plants I looked at were built in the 50's for the military. They were built pretty stout, and all of them I looked at had pretty much "off the shelf" parts that were easy to source from most any bearing house/conveyor supplier. So, you should not have trouble finding "will fit" parts, and it should be a pretty good running plant if you get it up and running. Good luck.
Jeff

RGProducts

I don't know much about that plant, however, I do know that Cedar Rapids, Pettibone-Universal, Eagle, and Pioneer made crushing/screening plants for the military. If yours was built in the 70's, then it is one of the newer ones. I looked at several ex military crushing plants back in the early 90's, and ended up buying an old Pioneer plant. Most of the plants I looked at were built in the 50's for the military. They were built pretty stout, and all of them I looked at had pretty much "off the shelf" parts that were easy to source from most any bearing house/conveyor supplier. So, you should not have trouble finding "will fit" parts, and it should be a pretty good running plant if you get it up and running. Good luck.
Jeff

Thanks for the info! I appreciate it.
Tony