• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Navistar Engineering

cuttin edge

Ah the old 466 with the manual pull shut down. Not a lot of power, but you turned the key and they started. Made my bosses a lot of money over the years. Outlast any of these new M2 Freightshakers they have been buying. They bought a new one this winter. Left it parked. Starting back on asphalt prep for the season tomorrow. My float man ran it last week, just the truck. Worked fine. Hooked onto his tag along Friday. Lights all messed up. Has to go to the dealer, 2 hours away, to be programed to haul a trailer. And they were the ones that put the wiring kit for the trailer on it.

cfherrman

I Met an engineer that worked for ford , found out he had a lot to do with the 6.0 diesel ,, of course I off loaded on him about how bad it was and hard to service, he explained when designed and started with the engine plant all was good till management and EPA changed requirements, which added all the headaches ...

The 6.0 was designed as a sub 300 HP engine irc, which to be fair you should design your engine for a lot more hp than your initially going to offer it for.

Least the engine is good now, only took 10-15 years to figure out