• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Name this dozer

malcolm

Tree Nursery machine

These have been around for a long time

Attachments

• T9_1_r.jpg
    T9_1_r.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 1,085
  • T_9_International_dozer_6_1946_year.jpg
    T_9_International_dozer_6_1946_year.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 1,078

RTSmith

Occupation
Amateur demolition & dirt pusher
Looking at the trailer behind it in the recent pic- can you imagine driving that creature up the ramps to load it?? About as much fun as a steel drum roller on wet steel ramps- on a sloping roadside....

DPete

There may be other uses but around here they are used to harvest year old orchard nursery stock, the curved knife lowers to uproot the seedlings which are then picked up for dormant bare root planting in orchards

stumpjumper83

Occupation
Movin dirt
I'm voting orchard tool. Just because it looks like it would tip over if you ran over a golf ball, and pipelines are not flat land operation, at least not here in potter co.

jimrr

Occupation
marine engineer/ at sea
I think a p&w 4020 jet engine fits perfectly in that hole also?

jrm1504

Occupation
Apple farmer from central Wa
It is a nursery tree digger. I know several people that have them here in Wa State and have seen them in operation. They straddle the nursery tree that has been grown for one season (here it is apple, pear or cherry). Then there is an under cutter that cuts through any roots and pulls the tree up. Then some times there is a sort of beater to knock loose soil off.

The fanciest one I have seen is actually pulled by a 200hp wheel tractor at Willow Drive Nursery in Ephrata, Wa. I wish I would have taken a video. There gizmo dug trees on the right and then used gripping belts to pluck it from the ground, and a series of beaters knocked dirt from the roots as it traveled to the left side of the tractor. There it was tossed into the waiting hands of someone to load the trees onto a wagon. They have three diggers and dig something like a million trees in a week.

Come to think of it, I think we to be in partners with someone on one about 25-30 years ago. I wasn't very old then.

Last edited: