• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My scratch built RC's

RCP57

Occupation
commercial fisherman/part time elf
The truck will be painted yellow, green and white. Here's an update...
Thanks for looking!
IMG_0514.JPG
IMG_0518.JPG
IMG_0527.JPG
IMG_0529.JPG

RCP57

Occupation

td9clyde

Occupation
Owner operator
nice work all the time you spend working your drive line out payed off great stout truck nice work

RCP57

Occupation
Yeah it turned out good I just hope it stays together with a 100 tons of logs haha. Here's a couple outside shots...

IMG_0747.JPG
IMG_0748.JPG
IMG_0749.JPG

RCP57

Occupation
I haven't posted anything here for a while but I am still working away on the truck and finally have a good jump on the trailer. Still a ton of work to be done but most of the big stuff is finished now.

IMG_0882.JPG
IMG_0885.JPG
IMG_0846.JPG
IMG_0847.JPG

Iron Art

Occupation
Retired power plant control operator
RCP57, I'm aways amazed at the results of your "work". No short-cuts taken on this project. Thanks for posting the build. Fred

RCP57

Occupation
Thanks Fred. I'm trying my best to go a little further with details on this one than I normally would. Here's a little update from yesterday... I received some clearance lights from a friend a couple days back. They are for 1/14 scale trucks but I think they fit this perfectly. I made up a horn and found some hose in my stash of junk that I could make little hump hoses out of for the air cleaners. After everything is painted I will make some small wire clamps for them.

IMG_0900.JPG
IMG_0903.JPG
IMG_0908.JPG

Thanks for looking, Reg

HATCHEQUIP

Supper stuff:notworthy... showed my wife and she wants a volvo and euc to work in her flower garden ...until I told her the price then she decided I could go out and dig the holes for her:cool:

Last edited:

RCP57

Occupation
Supper stuff:notworthy... showed my wife and she wants a volvo and euc to work in her flower garden ...until I told her the price then she decided I could go out and dig the holes for her:cool:

Thanks a lot! Haha, Yeah they can get expensive. Not too bad if you build your own and don't count your time. The thing is though, to build your own you need thou$and$ worth of equipment. I enjoy building more than playing though so to me it is worth it but some just wanna turn it on and dig. I guess you could always make the excavator noises while you're digging in the flower bed:rolleyes:. Maybe the wife can talk you into wearing Hi Lite green clothes:confused:.

Here's few boring videos from a couple days back. I put a new pump motor in the Volvo and just finished converting the Bruder Mack to RC so I needed to try them out:rolleyes:.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oe-MKykyspw http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcgubSPQo1k http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7O_AdIcDoV4 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C3fwQojwYRk

Thanks for looking! Reg

ShaneK

Fantastic work - I'm very impressed! Where do you get your truck tires from in that size? Could you PM me a link? Thanks!

RCP57

Occupation
Fantastic work - I'm very impressed! Where do you get your truck tires from in that size? Could you PM me a link? Thanks!

Thanks very much. The tires are from RC4WD and are about 5 1/4" tall. They are called Mil Spec ZXL 2.2 and can be found in here http://store.rc4wd.com/Offroad-Tires_c_11.html I need to order some more for my truck but have been putting it off.... I hope this helps!

Reg

busy dad

Occupation
Transportation
That is terrific work..You can see the skill progression from the Euclid to the Kenworth. Mind you they are two separate generations of trucks also.. Your detail is nicely done..

RCP57

Occupation
That is terrific work..You can see the skill progression from the Euclid to the Kenworth. Mind you they are two separate generations of trucks also.. Your detail is nicely done..

Thanks very much. I would agree that my skills and understanding of scale have improved a lot since building the Euc. Always much more to learn though!