• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My new to me toys

Heath1973

I have been wanting to do my own thing for quite some time now.......finally decided to step up and take the leap!!! The truck I just fell in love with and it was cheap enough74 freightliner.jpg74 freightliner 3.jpg74 freightliner 2.jpg

and I don't have the smarts to rotate the pics the right way:Banghead

JNB

Occupation
Flyin' low and rollin' slow...
Congrats on the new to you equipment. I always liked cabovers. Yours looks great!

hetkind

Nice, what clockwork does the truck have? IIRC, from when I worked at the truckstop, 35 plus years ago, many of those were 6 cylinder cummins.

Howard

kshansen

Occupation
Retired Mechanic in Stone Quarry
backhoe.jpg

Oh heck while the tow truck is there might as well set the backhoe up right too, no extra charge!

Heath1973

Thank you for turning us back up right!!! My son was starting to get a head rush!!! She's a '74 model with a 8v71T, 13spd. The guy I bought it from said it had 4.11'sunder it, door sticker says 4.33's but at 70 mph she was turning @ 1675. It does have tall rubber on it. Either way.....it will run fast enough to get me in trouble. Thanks everyone...hope to put it all to work soon.....you know the day I go buy insurance and it comes a 4-6 inch rain, but it's gotta dry up eventually

Wes J

I know where there is a 1970 model with an 8V92 and 14 speed that is available as a parts truck. It ran 5 years ago and was parked inside since. It's air ride too.

CM1995

Administrator
Occupation
Running what I brung and taking what I win
.....you know the day I go buy insurance and it comes a 4-6 inch rain, but it's gotta dry up eventually

Welcome to the world of owning your own business.:cool:

Some things I know for certain - it'll rain like hell when you don't need it, some days you'll be wondering what in the hell am I doing when a project goes south and the satisfaction of taking a shot at making it yourself and being successful. The last part of that sentence is why we take the leap and make a go at it.;)

joispoi

I like that Freightliner. There are 2 big advantages with cab-overs. You have much better visibility up close and with short wheelbase, you can maneuver them in tighter areas.

I saw your rescue post. Looks like you did really well. A lot of guys would have swamped a wheeled machine in that wet ground.

old-iron-habit

Occupation
Retired Cons't. Supt./Hospitals
I know where there is a 1970 model with an 8V92 and 14 speed that is available as a parts truck. It ran 5 years ago and was parked inside since. It's air ride too.

What is wrong that it is only a parts truck. Most trucks to be partd out are not kept inside. The old 8V-92 were cool engines if you are a Detroit fan.