• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

My 1948 International TD-9 "Orchard Model"

Imaginemw

Occupation
Welder/Fabricator, Dozer owner/operator
These are pictures of my 1948 International TD-9 "Orchard Model". Due to the majority of our local crops being Almonds and Peach orchards, many of these crawlers were "converted" to orcard models. This meant moving the operator to the rear of the tractor to prevent them from pulled off by a low hanging limb.
I still use this 'ol girl for pulling a 3' single shank ripper in the fields to loosen up the soil for planting new trees.
It's also a great conversation piece with the"Starts on gas-runs on diesel" engine. I've seen quite a few confused faces trying to explain it.

Attachments

• td91.jpg
    td91.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 3,180
  • td92.jpg
    td92.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 2,394
  • td94.jpg
    td94.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,709

td25c

Looks good Imaginemw.The orchard conversion looks interesting.I'v noticed allot of farming operations still use older crawlers to pull equipment in California.Cool!

EGS

Occupation
Local 139 operator
That looks like real strait dozer you got there.:)

Does it run as good as it looks? Some of the "old timers" around here liked that gas-to-diesel starting back in the old days. Said they would always start in the cold weather.

Imaginemw

Occupation
I bought it from an an old farmer down the street a couple of years ago, and after sitting 15 years in his barn, he went out, added a little fuel, battery, and it fired right up. It's an amazing piece of equipment. I've never had a problem starting it up. Our winters get down to the mid 20's, and she is still ready to work every morning I ask her to. I need to replace the rear main seal, but other than that, she's a strong, smooth runner. I've ripped fields, pulled trees, and had her going almost completly vertical coming out of backhoed tree holes clearing roots. The wide tracks have been great in our sandy soil, they hook up and pull like crazy.

JimInOz

Thanks for the nice pics.I'm glad she still earns her keep for your farm.
The rear seals get a regular mention on the Redpower site.

Jim

Imaginemw

Occupation
Yeah, it was supposed to be my "winter project", but my winter has turned out way busier than I had planned. Maybe next Summer. I think when I do finally get around to it, I'm going to completely tear it down, and restore it ground up. I'm looking forward to it!

Willis Bushogin

Occupation
owner
dozer

I bought it from an an old farmer down the street a couple of years ago, and after sitting 15 years in his barn, he went out, added a little fuel, battery, and it fired right up. It's an amazing piece of equipment. I've never had a problem starting it up. Our winters get down to the mid 20's, and she is still ready to work every morning I ask her to. I need to replace the rear main seal, but other than that, she's a strong, smooth runner. I've ripped fields, pulled trees, and had her going almost completly vertical coming out of backhoed tree holes clearing roots. The wide tracks have been great in our sandy soil, they hook up and pull like crazy.

I have used Barrs Leak rear seal stop leak and it has worked for me. I think its $9.00 a bottle and it should take two bottles. The next time you change oil, try this. I have tried others and it didnt work, you might have to get the parts store to order it, make sure its Barrs Leak
Nice machine