• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Morooka mulcher

whimik

I am looking at a Morooka that has a mulcher (flail) type mower with it? MM70 is the model. Anyone have any info on it?Manuals parts books.

lantraxco

Speak of the devil.... :eek:

Not an expert, lol... just an old dude with a weird hobby.

Never seen or heard of a production Morooka with a mulcher, nor the MM model. If you can get me pictures or a web link, I will email my spies in Japan and see what I can find out for you. Serial number? I'd love to see it, saw some that had tree spades mounted on them once.

They make Ag tractors, loaders, forklifts, log forwarders, tracked mobile tub grinders, etc. but their main line is the dumper/carrier models (MST)

Found one picture, looks like a modified MK tractor:

MorookaMM70.jpg

Cheers,
Lanway

Last edited:

whimik

Looks very similar. This one does not have the cab protection. The rear cooler looks the same as well as the reversed cab so the seating position is toward the 3ph. Has no pto just hydraulics.
Model is MM70
Serial 70015

Can grab a few pics in a a few days. Machine has a blueberry picker on it at the moment but the flail head is with it.

lantraxco

70015, so number 15 in the production series. Interesting! I'll see what I can find out about these.

lantraxco

Interesting. No feedback yet. Looks to be a modified MK series chassis, and the MK's are almost impossible to get parts for, so...

Anything in particular you're looking for, other than manuals which probably were never written, to be honest?

lantraxco

Struck out across the board. Was waiting to hear back from a guy that I knew still worked at the factory, but either his email has changed or he's ignoring me.

Sorry, but that's not uncommon with Morooka, unfortunately.

lantraxco

It's one of those deals where if it wasn't a critical use kind of thing you could always find, make, or substitute something to get it back up and running. Still, not very confidence inspiring.

mitch504

My first thought when I saw the title of this thread:

"Wow, Lanway is going to be thrilled they've developed this!!! Now, when he gets an uncooperative one, he can just drop it in and mulch it!"

lantraxco

LOL.... they have a crusher line that's current, what we would call a portable tub grinder I think... more suited for scrapping of failed models perhaps.

Before the Japanese bubble burst in the mid 90's they were full tilt boogie and borrowing money at near zero interest. Morooka had a large factory I think on Hokkaido that was just for building their Ag tractors, and apparently this machine and possibly a few more. By the time I got involved in 2004, they still owned this huge empty building, but there were only two employees there, sort of field service and parts support, in one room with all the records in filing cabinets. Their main office building and factory for dumpers was down South close to Tokyo, something like seven stories of admin building and a large factory layout. By the time I left in late 2007 they had sold both and moved into a smaller property which had formerly been an eel restaurant. Yuck. They have since recovered well and built a large modern factory in the same area. During both of these moves, tons of records and drawings were simply thrown away as they were considered obsolete. They also lost or retired out many of the most experienced workers along with their product knowledge. Typical Japanese operation.

Still, it makes life interesting. Man's got to have a hobby you know?

farmerjo

Pto

New to the site so please bear with me.

Have just purchased a mk80 marooka and the pto grinds on engagement.

Firstly is there a procedure for engaging it,there's a pull switch which turns a light on the dash and the lever on right hand side of dash which you either
push forward or pull back depending on what rpm required.

Have been searching on the net for days for a operators manual but reading above posts my luck might be out.

Regards

lantraxco

Something in a manual might turn up. Best guess would be make sure the switch is off for a bit, then select the rpm and turn the switch on.

The drives are full hydrostat, I have no idea how the PTO is driven.

There are variations within the model, some according to model year, some simply due to a variety of options. Even when Morooka still supported them you had to have an exact serial number to get parts and even then sometimes they weren't correct. Kind of like a Freightliner, each serial number had a build sheet showing which components it had when it left the factory.

farmerjo

Thanks for your prompt response.

I will keep looking for a manual and explore the machine further when it turns up in a couple of days time.

farmerjo

tracks

Picked up my Morooka mk80.
The pto is driven by a transfer case off engine to a camden shaft to the pto shaft.
I have sent picture of instructions in the cab to japan for translation.
Where i need advice is with the tracks as i'm not very familiar with track machines.
There seems to be a lot of play on the rear end in i guess you would call the tensioners.
Any idea's on how to stiffen up the play and how they work in principle.
20161018_145152.jpg20161018_145202.jpg

lantraxco

The famous Morooka droop. It almost looks like the tracks are too long, but then I don't have a listing for the MK80 track size, I list the 70 and 100.....

Typical fix in the dumper world (MST) is just lift the idler up, slip some suitable flat bar in under the idler yoke there and weld across the front underneath. Crude but effective. They're loose from the factory, no wear plates or anything, just steel on steel. There's a recoil spring laying loose inside that idler yoke tube, and a hydraulic cylinder comes in from behind with a flat plate on the end to push on the spring, if it's built like all the dumpers.

Wankel16

Hi. I have a operator manual of a Mitsubishi MKM 70 in japanese. I'm searching for a manual parts of these tractors