• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Morooka MTS1100 tree spade - brochures?

Gavin Phillips

Occupation
office worker
Hi

Thanks for the information.

I was warned by a couple of companies that details on the older Morooka & Morooka/Komatsu crawlers wasn't easy to get hold of. Looks like that was really an understatement. Even contacted a dealer in Alaska who said more or less the same thing.

I think I'll email HItachi and see if they have anything on the CG100.

Thanks again.

positrack

we used to have one of the older ones ,great tool only downfall was no cab only a frame,we took the body and put lift arms on to pull a tree planter.

Gavin Phillips

Occupation
office worker
we used to have one of the older ones ,great tool only downfall was no cab only a frame,we took the body and put lift arms on to pull a tree planter.

Sounds an interesting vehicle! What size of tree can it cope with?

There seems to be almost no end to the equipment you can mount on these crawler vehicles. Quite odd I don't see more of them really.

positrack

if you can get a tree in the canopy it will plant it ,check out our web site the link is on my blog

lantraxco

Thanks, we all seem to be happy and healthy here!

I have an early 2200 spec sheet I'll get scanned and email to you, but you can use the Morooka MST-2200VD specs off the Morooka or Cautrac website. Physically and mechanically the only differences are really the engine and the cab. The Komatsu 2300 used the SA6D108 engine normally.

Morooka built all of these, but Hitachi and Komatsu will rarely even acknowledge their existence. There are variations from early to late in the engines, pumps and travel motors. I can usually pinpoint preferred or obsolete components if you have a serial number. As you may have gathered by now, information is limited and not always accurate.

Cheers,
Don, Terri and baby Samantha

Gavin Phillips

Occupation
office worker
Thanks, we all seem to be happy and healthy here!

I have an early 2200 spec sheet I'll get scanned and email to you, but you can use the Morooka MST-2200VD specs off the Morooka or Cautrac website. Physically and mechanically the only differences are really the engine and the cab. The Komatsu 2300 used the SA6D108 engine normally.

Morooka built all of these, but Hitachi and Komatsu will rarely even acknowledge their existence. There are variations from early to late in the engines, pumps and travel motors. I can usually pinpoint preferred or obsolete components if you have a serial number. As you may have gathered by now, information is limited and not always accurate.

Cheers,
Don, Terri and baby Samantha

The early 2200 spec sheet would be most appreciated indeed. This is at least half of the puzzle put together!

I just wonder why data is so hard to find on these Morooka crawlers? Is it just because they are older models which I'm interested in, or does Morooka just not release any PDF's or even paper brochures to keep costs low?

positrack

gavin where you about in newcastle we ar in kelso just up the road

lantraxco

Prior to about 1998 all Morooka production was for domestic Japan use only, as far as I know. Very little English language documentation exists or survives. In my opinion (and this is from working directly for the President of Morooka Japan) Morooka only seems to be interested in selling current production machines and not supporting anything more than a few years old. This is prevalent in Japanese manufacturing, but moreso it seems with smaller companies like Morooka. They moved their offices and production facilities a couple years ago and basically destroyed or recycled anything they didn't feel was currently needed.

Information about current models, though in some cases a year or two out of date, is available on the Morooka.com website. They don't sell used machines, so why put up information on older models? It's simply a matter of attitude I think.

This post is the opinion of the poster only and does not reflect the views, opinions, policies or directives of any company or persons other than the poster. I have no connection whatsoever with Morooka Ltd of Japan, Morooka USA Corporation or Morooka Industries. Nor do I wish to!

Henry SC

Hi Gavin
I just came across your post whilst searching the web on information about Clegg Tree spades with 6 blades. The machine you came across is mine and is currently for sale, as I have closed down what used to be Belwood Trees. If you would like some more information please get in touch.
Regards
Henry
henry.shepherdcross@gmail.com