• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

more pics of equipment stuck!

WColtharp

Its the operator that swam out to save the exc.

Written on the counterweight is " my other ride is a little Bell "
( helicopter ;) )

He stripped off to the speedo's to save getting his overalls wet.

well thats my take on it :beatsme

Cheers for the laugh!!:drinkup.. That would be an interesting ride trying to get that monster out of a flooded mine!

diggerop

Occupation
Plant operator, coal mining/ 25 years
Any idea what the story is behind the shovel in the rain next to the grounded helicopter and man without clothes?

This happened at Ensham , an open cut coal mine in Queensland, Australia in early 2008 when there were floods in that area. A lot of stuff went under including a dragline. It has since been rebuilt and is back working.

Attachments

• Picture 7.png
    Picture 7.png
    325.3 KB · Views: 5,761
  • Picture 15.png
    Picture 15.png
    262.6 KB · Views: 5,763
  • Picture 12.png
    Picture 12.png
    340.3 KB · Views: 5,741
  • Picture 16.jpg
    Picture 16.jpg
    23.9 KB · Views: 5,662
  • Picture 14.jpg
    Picture 14.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 5,693

diggerop

Occupation
Plant operator, coal mining/ 25 years

Attachments

• Picture 17.jpg
    Picture 17.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 5,667
  • Picture 18.jpg
    Picture 18.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 5,641

jgivens

Couple more for ya

Attachments

• file002MA24393919-0004.jpg
    file002MA24393919-0004.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 5,549
  • file001MA24393919-0003.jpg
    file001MA24393919-0003.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 5,535
  • file000MA24393919-0002.jpg
    file000MA24393919-0002.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 5,536
  • MultimedMA24419743-0001.jpg
    MultimedMA24419743-0001.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 5,521
  • d6t2.jpg
    d6t2.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 5,499

Hendrik

Couple more for ya
I like their optimism, a couple of blokes (presumably one is in speedos) with a shovel trying to dig out a Cat. Don't these people know that Cats don't like water?
Question is why did they go there in the first place, I am assuming these pictures are of the same site except for the case.

jmacrust

Holy cow. I'd like to see how in the world they got those out of there! Especially the sinking Cat. Stuck my Komatsu up to the gas cap, but the engine was sitting at an incline where it would run! That Cat ain't running anywhere!

AustinPSD

Here are a couple from me from recent blunders.

In the first shot, from my cell phone camera I was working on turning over gravel riverbank to control vegetation growth. I'd made several passes, having successfully turned the machine at the end of each pass to reverse direction. On the fifth pass and turn, the machine corkscrewed into the bank, sinking up to the top of the tracks in what seemed like the blink of an eye.

We were able to use a Cat 930H wheel-loader and chain to pull the D3G out easily.

The second pair of shots are from another blunder about a week later - not as dramatic, the person shooting the photos was leery of getting too close. This time, while pushing a large boulder, while atop what I thought was solid rock I had my footing roll underneath the machine. It ended up high-centered on a boulder about half as big as the D3G itself. Both tracks were off the ground, and the blade couldn't be tilted down far enough to lever backward/up off the obstacle. The same crew came to my rescue again, using the Cat 930H loader to assist. We tried pushing it off in the forward direction, towing it off using chains, and ultimately ended up using the loader blade to push the machine off the rock in reverse.

Attachments

• IMG00023e.jpg
    IMG00023e.jpg
    356.3 KB · Views: 5,215
  • IMG_2261-copy2.jpg
    IMG_2261-copy2.jpg
    277.6 KB · Views: 5,160
  • IMG_2254_e.jpg
    IMG_2254_e.jpg
    323.9 KB · Views: 5,210

dozerdave

That Komatsu 3000 reminds me of a shot that was put off in the spillway for the Oroville Dam. It put a Quad 9 and an 88B shovel out of commisson for a while. Yeah, that was the powder bosses last shift.

Tigerotor77W

Occupation
Engineer
Here are a couple from me from recent blunders.

In the first shot, from my cell phone camera I was working on turning over gravel riverbank to control vegetation growth. I'd made several passes, having successfully turned the machine at the end of each pass to reverse direction. On the fifth pass and turn, the machine corkscrewed into the bank, sinking up to the top of the tracks in what seemed like the blink of an eye.

We were able to use a Cat 930H wheel-loader and chain to pull the D3G out easily.

The second pair of shots are from another blunder about a week later - not as dramatic, the person shooting the photos was leery of getting too close. This time, while pushing a large boulder, while atop what I thought was solid rock I had my footing roll underneath the machine. It ended up high-centered on a boulder about half as big as the D3G itself. Both tracks were off the ground, and the blade couldn't be tilted down far enough to lever backward/up off the obstacle. The same crew came to my rescue again, using the Cat 930H loader to assist. We tried pushing it off in the forward direction, towing it off using chains, and ultimately ended up using the loader blade to push the machine off the rock in reverse.

Why is the exhaust bent?

AustinPSD

Why is the exhaust bent?

I haven't replaced it yet :)

About ten days ago, I was pushing over a very large, dead live oak in one of the areas I was clearing.

The machine is not forestry-equipped, no sweeps, no other protective structures between the front of the machine and ROPS, and I don't have a tree spear/pusher... just the vanilla D3G.

When the tree came down, the upper third of it broke off. I was still moving forward, and that section came down on top of the stack, bending it back toward the cab.

I was lucky, and yes the machine should be equipped with sweeps, a forestry cab, and for trees taller than about 15' - 20', probably a tree spear/pusher.

The stack is off the machine, at a local muffler shop to straighten on a mandrel.

EZ TRBO

Occupation
Aggregate Utility, Maintence Welder
Nothing spectactular here...Just was doing some clearing below one of the plants, to set up a portable plant and they had a spot that years ago they had dug out to keep the water from running down to the highway. Of course it silted in and was over grown with weeds and such and no one mentioned it too me...TIL AFTER I GOT STUCK. Wasn't really a big deal, dug out to the draw bar and hooked on with the loader to pull me out. Loader operator asked if i was really stuck, cause he said he had barely started to pull and i was going on my own. There was a sharp wall of hard stuff and I just couldn't get back to it..once I did the tracks grabed traction and out I was. Not a big deal.

Trbo

Attachments

• 100_2794 (Small).jpg
    100_2794 (Small).jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 6,020
  • 100_2795 (Small).jpg
    100_2795 (Small).jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 6,013
  • 100_2796 (Small).jpg
    100_2796 (Small).jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 5,990
  • 100_2797 (Small).jpg