• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

More Dozer work

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Good one Razor . I have never seen a Euc/Terex scooping . . . I can almost hear her howling.

With the rear radiator set up and planetary finals those machines were cutting edge technology in their day.

They went well and I can only assume it was Corporate shenanigans that led to their demise . . . can anyone comment or post a link as to what happened to the General Motors equipment operation.

Cheers.

Razor

Hi D6 Merv
Yep that was her parked at Dolphs. I believe Magnums bought the dozer and put rippers back on it, have seen a video on you tube of it, still wearing my company logo. Dolph had intended using that TS24 as an advertising prop out the front of the yard,don't know if that's still the plan.

Razor

Hi Scrub Puller
You are correct in saying they were cutting edge technology,the steering was multiple disc wet auto adjusting , there were a few issues with plumbing on the trans where they seemed to have dropped the ball, but nothing that couldnt be overcome by manufacturing a new junction block on top of the trans out of a piece of billet alloy. The bottom rollers didn't handle the scoop work well either so I took the track beds off filled in the scollops left by the old horizontal bolt Terex ones ,milled 55mm out of the track bed at each roller station and replaced them with Komatsu 155 rollers, no more problems with rollers heating up after that. Fortunately the pedestals took D8H/K rollers, way cheaper than the Terex replacements.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . Razor . Gotcha mate thanks for the reply. Were the Terex rollers over engineered with Timken tapers by any chance . . . or what was the reason they got it wrong with such a simple component as a roller.

A couple of outfits tried pulling with TC12s and one of the first stories we heard about their woes was they were having trouble keeping up with burnt out rollers.

We knew all about it of course with preloaded Timken bearings on the Allis 21s . . . by all accounts the Terexes were even worse . . . sometimes it pays to keep it low-tech and simple.

Heavy Metal . Thank you for the link, I will read it later with interest.

Cheers.

RonG

Charter Member
Occupation
heavy equipment operator
For all that may be interested in the old Euclid/Terex line here is a link to the Blackwood Hodge site which used/sold those old products and one could spend hours there.I may have gotten the link here for all I know but have spent many hours there reminiscing of the old days.Ron G
http://blackwood-hodge.typepad.com/home/archives.html

nicky 68a

I worked along side a tidy 8240B in Scotland during the ' 90 ' s. It had a nice modular roos cab and was used to push TS14 ' or pull a Cat 435.It was a quick and powerful tractor and seemed reliable all though I wouldn't consider ever buying one