• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Mitsubishi mm30sr Fan belt replacment question

kburk

Occupation
Genaral Contractor
Well for starters hello, looks like a great Forum!:D

So I have a older off shore Mitsubishi mm30sr I just blew the fan belt...
I started digging in to it but I'm really not sure what I have to remove to get another
one installed. Any Ideas would be helpful! Also does anyone know where to get a service manual
for the Mitsubishi mm30sr not to say I would read it at first :cool2 lol

Thanks Keith

kburk

Occupation
Genaral Contractor
Ok maybe my question is too broad. I was going to remove the seat and the top plate along with the role cage, roof to get access to the top of the motor so I could fit the belt in and loosen of the alternator. I thought there maybe a quicker way.... I could be wrong. I have had the Excavator for about 7 years and have had to do very little to it....

thank
Keith

lantraxco

Shouldn't have to do all that to change a belt. Never done one myself but I think the air cleaner might have to come off, and maybe there's a plate under the engine so you can reach up from underneath?

kburk

Occupation
Genaral Contractor
Shouldn't have to do all that to change a belt. Never done one myself but I think the air cleaner might have to come off, and maybe there's a plate under the engine so you can reach up from underneath?

I totally agree but the bottom is a 3/4" thick steel plate with only small holes for draining the fluids.
I'm ripping the excavator down now I'm hoping there is a hidden panel or.... we will see

thanks for your reply.

Keith

4x6HeavyMetal

Hello neighbor,
I have an MM40 and the fan belt can be easily reached by removing the access panel located behind the boom but just in front of the hood.