• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

MF60 BH-CM Pins and Bushing for BH bucket

Grulkster

Hello, I bought a old Massey Ferguson MF60 backhoe/loader.
The guy I bought it from took the pins and bh bucket to use on another machine, but he gave me a bucket that will need the mounting brackets moved on.
The pins that he gave me are too short so I thought that I could buy pins and bushings from Massey, but they no longer make them.
Next plan is to have the pins and bushings made by a machine shop. I have the pin size and length, and since I know the pin size 1 49/64, I can estimate the ID of the bushing. My problem is that the bushings that are in the machine are shot and I can't get an accurate measurement from them or the backhoe arm where the bushing seats is worn as well. I think that the holes for the bushing are ok, but when measured it get a variety of measurements so its hard to say what it should be.
Plan on cleaning the hole for the bushing as best I can and find the point that the hole is narrowest and take that as the OD of the bushing to the machinist.
Bushing part number is 1465053M1 and the pin is 2753776M1 if anyone knows where I could order them or if anyone has had them made in the past could they tell me the dimensions so I can have my own made.

In the parts book there are other bushings that I could assume are the same specs since the same size pins is used, but you know how these manufactures get sometimes, they can't make it easy.

Any help would be great thanks.

AussieChris

I used to own an MF50HX. I'm pretty sure the pins were metric (either 40 or 45mm). Your measurement works out to 44.84mm so I'm guessing you should be looking at 45mm pins. If you can get the right material, you don't need to machine the pins. In Australia, I would ask for 45mm "Ground Round Bar" in 4140 "Pre-Hard" steel which is pretty tough. Not quite as hard as the original OEM pins but good enough. The finish is very smooth and accurate to exactly 45mm so doesn't need any machining. Just cut to length and drill any cross holes you need.

For the bushes, I would ask for "Round Hollow Bar". Being hollow means less machining. You'll need some with a smaller ID (say 40mm) and an OD to suit (or a bit larger). That will need cutting to length machining on a lathe to suit the pins. Set the bushes in your bucket ears with the pin through both and tack in place before final welding.

I'm figuring in the US, that you'll have more trouble finding metric sized steel and you might have to google 4140 to find the US equivalent.

Good luck with your machine.

Chris.

Scrub Puller

Yair . . . .

I reckon your suggestions are spot on there AussieChris

We always used standard size ground bar and, if possible, I just made them "captive" with a plate tacked across each end.

I see these days pins in loader linkages and such like retained with a tang and a bolt to stop them turning, poor design I reckon.

Cheers.

Grulkster

Thanks Gents!
I have heard of 4140 and didn't know about hollow bar, I'm definitely going to research that.

AussieChris

Just remember, the round hollow bar is rough (mill scale) on both the inside and outside so it definitely needs machining. Allow a fair bit on the ID to clean it up to your required 45mm because the hole won't even be round. However, it does save a lot of time and material compared to using solid bar.

Jim Kennedy

Hi Grulkster,
I have a MF50H and the pin diamater is 45mm and the hole in the ear of the bucket is 55mm.
If you have a Parts Book, would it cover the 450 model digger. I have been looking hard and can not find this model book.

Jim

hookedondiesel

My measurements are in "inches".

Backhoe.jpg

The pin is 1 3/4 inches in diameter. It's 15" long.
The bushing is 3" in diameter and 5/8 of an inch thick. It is 2 1/4 inches long.
Hope this is what you were looking for.
Both pins are the same.