• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Memories for us old truckers

Truck Shop

Let me guess there were plenty of bull sh!t stories about the Monfort Lane---99% lies built up
trucker garbage total fiction absolutely baseless.
Pill heads is what they were, hyped up on crosstops & beaners. I knew a women who was married
to a Monfort driver, I say WAS. He would come home and spend 12 hours trying to get to sleep.
According to her it was standard practice.
This should have been 30 likes--only told the truth, OO's & fleet OTR were some of the biggest
pill poppers of the time--hypocrites babble quacking about the worthless drugged out hippies &
how unamerican hippies were, pot calling the kettle black.

Truck Shop

It just doesn't sound right does it? Chrome tipped cowboy boots, yoked shirts with pearl snaps,
cowboy cut black jeans/pants, hair combed back early 50's style or flattop hair cut, cat or cummins
buckle on a fancy belt just driven along listening to Waylon---with two hit's of speed and half
a thermos of coffee in his belly.

Pops52

Occupation
Worn out lowbed driver "retired"
Trivia: did y’all know Waylon was Buddy Hollie’s bass player the night Buddy s plane crashed?

colson04

It just doesn't sound right does it? Chrome tipped cowboy boots, yoked shirts with pearl snaps,
cowboy cut black jeans/pants, hair combed back early 50's style or flattop hair cut, cat or cummins
buckle on a fancy belt just driven along listening to Waylon---with two hit's of speed and half
a thermos of coffee in his belly.
America's oilfield ran on speed too. So did half of Blue Collar America.

Truck Shop

America's oilfield ran on speed too. So did half of Blue Collar America.
Difference was, were they motivating along on the Intrastate? And none of it is to be normalized.
It's the reason for drug free work place, started way back.

Truck Shop

I can count three, it ruined their lives plus hard on the families. It's why I refer to trucking as
a racket.

Oxbow

Difference was, were they motivating along on the Intrastate? And none of it is to be normalized.
It's the reason for drug free work place, started way back.
And yet they were no less safe than today's drivers with their foot on the dash, watching a movie on their phone.

skyking1

I was getting pictures and files off my old laptop last night, and I found my sister's scratch pancake recipe.
Then I spotted a folder titled "brownies" Yum.
I open it up and find these images.
Spicerratios.jpg

watson.jpg

I love the hand written notes on weight, length, and torque.

At one time I had the harebrained idea of putting a brownie behind the auto on my 2nd gen Cummins Dodge.

JaredV

You wouldn't have wanted the 5831. Straight cut gears in OD makes quite a howl. I put one in my little '52 IH dump truck. I like it except for that. Fortunately I have no need to make any long trips in it.

skyking1

You wouldn't have wanted the 5831. Straight cut gears in OD makes quite a howl. I put one in my little '52 IH dump truck. I like it except for that. Fortunately I have no need to make any long trips in it.
that is exactly what drove me off that idea. I heard that they were rackety, and anyone with a 6BT does not want MORE noise.