• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Martin Mars Water Bomber Tribute

TimeLapse

Martin Mars Water Bomber Tribute

This video removed, in favor of the one below.

Last edited by a moderator:

TimeLapse

Martin Mars Water Bomber Compilation

[video=youtube;ryCzUGcrq1o]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ryCzUGcrq1o[/video]

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Really Nice short Vid !!! …… A neighbour friend of Mine Had the Last 2 Martins Land on Green Lk just south of me back in '03 during the BC Burning Fire Holocaust ….. He's a Bird-Dog ….. explained that it was a mid day thing that when optimal flying condition get very Poor …… WHAT A SITE !! to see …..amazing Birds !!!

TimeLapse

Really Nice short Vid !!! …… A neighbour friend of Mine Had the Last 2 Martins Land on Green Lk just south of me back in '03 during the BC Burning Fire Holocaust ….. He's a Bird-Dog ….. explained that it was a mid day thing that when optimal flying condition get very Poor …… WHAT A SITE !! to see …..amazing Birds !!!

Thanks Man, I am making another video with some better clips with the help from a youtuber that has good shots of dropping loads of water.Stay tuned.
They are great planes,Out lasted the space shuttle and concord .And many other planes.
Thanks for taking a look

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Where is the edit button for this page ? I want to change the video

It's only there for an hour.

We figure that's generally long enough to make corrections. In cases like this one it may be an inconvenience, but in general, we feel it's better that everybody knows they need to stand behind what they've posted, as opposed to having the unlimited ability to remove something if the reaction to it isn't what they'd hoped for. The staff can edit things for you at any time if it's a real problem.

Thanks for sharing that. I'm glad I watched it to the very end. There's nothing like the sound of four big radials! :thumbsup

TimeLapse

It's only there for an hour.

We figure that's generally long enough to make corrections. In cases like this one it may be an inconvenience, but in general, we feel it's better that everybody knows they need to stand behind what they've posted, as opposed to having the unlimited ability to remove something if the reaction to it isn't what they'd hoped for. The staff can edit things for you at any time if it's a real problem.

Thanks for sharing that. I'm glad I watched it to the very end. There's nothing like the sound of four big radials! :thumbsup

Most Forums let you edit what you have posted,Why would anybody with a website would want to re edit when the poster can do it.Now they have to waste there time,Oh well.
,Ex ,I took down the other video that is better then the one I leave here on the forum,I have to re edit the other video,so a black hole with no video stays there. I wish the would just ad a edit button.

Anyways ,Glad you liked the video ,and thanks for the thumbs up

digger242j

Administrator
Occupation
Self employed excavator
Most Forums let you edit what you have posted,Why would anybody with a website would want to re edit when the poster can do it.Now they have to waste there time,Oh well.

Like I said, members have an hour to make changes--make corrections to typos, rethink how they've expressed something, or perhaps add another thought or two. That's longer than some forums.

If the staff has to edit something, it's usually because it's inappropriate content, or a rules violation of some kind. If it's something that the member really regrets having posted, like information they later realize shouldn't be made public, we're willing to take care of things.
,Ex ,I took down the other video that is better then the one I leave here on the forum,I have to re edit the other video,so a black hole with no video stays there.

Point taken. Black hole patched over. ;)

TimeLapse

Here is the video I have been working on this week,I hope everybody will like it.and please leave a comment.Thanks
[video=youtube;uEUrjRKiEic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEUrjRKiEic[/video]

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
Great tribute to the Martin Mars TimeLapse I for one am very disapointed , at what has become of them .

…… THAT !!! …. and what has happened to the FIRECATS as well, being grounded for the last few years ! …..

TimeLapse

Great tribute to the Martin Mars TimeLapse I for one am very disapointed , at what has become of them .
Thanks Man, Yea I am not sure what is happening with the great planes,I hear they no longer have a contract with the BC Government,
The Philippine Mars might be flying away this spring,Anyway ,Glad you liked my video,thanks again.

CRAFT

Occupation
30 yrs Owner/Operator
What are the FIRECATS,Please tell me what they are,Thanks

….As you would have put it … LOL …. Goggle Conair Firecat ! ….. pictures and their description put accurately ….. I had the opportunity to get a personal tour inside of them when they were at the Tanker Base in Kamloops when my Bird-Dog Neighbour/Buddy was base commander there …. Another amazing Bird that flew many years dousing fires in BC …. and other parts of the continent. …. Conair Water Tankers sent them where ever they were needed ….. we'll see where this thread goes, I'll see if he has some Good pics from out of his Library of 35 yrs of Bird-Dogging

TimeLapse

Ok Thanks ,I just got back from the school of google ,Now I know what it is ,LOL ,At first I thought it was the team name for the smokejumpers,
Hawaii Mars Jan 2013.jpg

Dualie

its hard to fathom the size of the mars water bombers till you see them up close.

TimeLapse

Martin Mars

its hard to fathom the size of the mars water bombers till you see them up close.
That is so true,I got the scope of scale when the pilot was walking on the wing,I found that clip when I was editing the videos,And did not see it at the time of filming,That clip is in the video.,Can you see the pilot on the wing
Martin Mars Wing 1.jpg