• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

manual throttle controls

Randy88

Anybody ever bought a manual throttle mechanism and cable for an excavator before, any ideas where to find something of quality that will last and work? Thanks in advance for any information.

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
Yeah I've bought them from NAPA before, though it better be a good store or you'll get a lost look. They can get you pretty much any push pull cable you just need a length and travel distance.

thepumpguysc

Occupation
Master Inj.Pump rebuilder
This has been discussed on several threads.. I suk at searching so I cant be any help there..
I THINK its Kobelco that offers a "manual" control?? or its aftermarket FOR Kobelco??
It aint cheap tho..

Randy88

I can't search for anything either, when I do it takes days or weeks to read to find what I'm looking for, so I thought I'd just ask, if anyone knows what thread it is, please post it again for me, thanks

Volvomad

I have fitted manual throttels to 2 hitachis using a lever and cable from old johndeere forage harvesters on the scrap heap .
Work pretty good

Randy88

Volvomad, thank for the idea, I'll check out the scrap yards the first of the week.

repowerguy

Occupation
mixer truck mechanic
If you need the entire assembly, lever and all, hit up a ready mix truck. Lots of old rears had cable controls for drum drive and engine throttle. If you want new, I'm sure McNeilus will sell you a new assembly.

Randy88

I thank you for the suggestions as to where to find used cable assemblies, been around all these things all my life and when you need something, a person just forgets what they are all used in.

crane operator

I'm getting a new push pull cable made for a manual clutch pedal.

No one local made anything heavy enough. Inland truck parts makes the smaller 1/8" cables, but mine was 5/16" ends, so if you have a inland local, they might make your cable.

These guys make about anything, that's where I'm sending mine monday:

http://www.daytonclutch.com/cables

Last edited:

John C.

Occupation
Machinery & Equipment Appraiser
I usually went to boat or marine gear shops. They can custom make throttle cables with the levers and what ever type of ends you want. The hardest part of the job was designing and fabricating some kind of bracket to connect to the governor lever.