• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Making my move

ohfd281

Well everyone wish me luck... I'm heading off to West Virginia to take the 40 hour surface mining class this week. I'm excite to finally make the career change, after I’ve tried most everything I’ve wanted to work at. Dads not to excited, but in some other ways he is. I guess I’ll be carrying on the family tradition by becoming a 3rd gen. coal miner. But anyway wish me luck I have a long road ahead of me!!!! :drinkup Also if anyone has any advice lets hear it, and suggestions would be great.

union4life

Occupation
OPERATING ENGINEER
good luck stay safe..... can I get a discount on barbaque coal ? and some dry rub for my ribs... lol,,lol,,

ohfd281

well i made it, i'm now hold the title "Surface Apprentice". Now the fun part starts i've got to find a company who is willing go give a "Redhat" a chance to prove themself in the coal mines. So if anyone out there could come up with some companies and phone numbers that i could call that would be great. So far all the information on the companies has been hard to find. Lol i love a challenge.

Last edited: