• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

M Series Bobcats

pafarmer

Occupation
Land clearing, demo, site prep etc. Ex Pro Motocro
I am presently working a deal on a new 2012 T770.....I really liked the machine. The biggest difference I noticed right alway was that compared to my John Deere "D" series tracked machine was that I had much better visibility. I could see that full length of the tracks on either side and the view out the back was fantastic. The cab was bigger. The cab forward design is nice. The machine was just an all around better unit in my opinion. Hopefully I can make it happen.
I am slowly converting all of my John Deere's construction Equipment over to Bobcat , and thats something I thought I would never say.....My two boys who work the Pa. Gas fields are too very impressed with the Bobcat "M" series machines.

:usa

Last edited:

curbside

The M770 is a very nice machine but there is a couple of things that drive me nuts with the way the engineers designed the front end. The first thing is the tilt cylinders on the M770. They have run the hydraulic steel pipes along the side of the tilt cylinders towards the front allowing debris like concrete, logs etc that come over the top of the bucket to easily be pinched on these pipes. I'm not sure why they did not use the same design as the older T series machines where the pipeing runs along the back side of the tilt cyclinder eliminating this type of issue. All of my T320's and T300s have the pipeing protected by running to the back but not the M series machines. Another thing that bothers me is the way they have run the Bobtach hose. In the T series machines the bobtach hoseing runs down the side of the arms and comes up to the bobtach where the bottom tilt pin is keeping the hoses close to the side of the machine. Now on the M series machines they run the hoses directly in the middle between the two pins so now whenever a peice of mud or concrete falls over the bucket it always gets snagged on that hose where as before the debris would just fall through. The last pet peeve is the greasing nipple for the bobtach. For as long as I remember they have always been on the side of the tach. You could always get to them with a bucket on but you had to clean the mud but no bug deal. Now they have put the nipple on the back of the bobtach between the loader arm and the bobtach in a small little hole. This hole piles up with mud ect and turns to concrete because the mud ect is constantly being pinched into this little hole between the arm and the tach and you have to take the bucket off and lean the tach forward to get at the nipple. I have seen that bobcat on the newer M series machines just coming off the line have changed the greasing nipple back to the old style from the side. Now if they would just look at their tilt cylinders and bobtach hose. The rest of the machine is pretty nice a little worried about the large window that comes so low in the front and I have heard of an increase in window breakage. Not a huge fan of where they have placed the radio just ahead of the control arms next to your right knee. A little difficult to access the functions and keeps getting mud on the radio from your boots getting in and out of the machine. The rest of the machine seems to be real nice.

The last complaint seems to me the idle is set fast on the machines at nearly 1500 rpms. I turned it down a bit and it seems fine.