• Thank you for visiting HeavyEquipmentForums.com! Our objective is to provide industry professionals a place to gather to exchange questions, answers and ideas. We welcome you to register using the "Register" icon at the top of the page. We'd appreciate any help you can offer in spreading the word of our new site. The more members that join, the bigger resource for all to enjoy. Thank you!

Low Oil Pressure Message

John Wonnacott

I have a Kobelco 135 SRLC excavator which I bought used, recently. When I operate it at low rpm (1000 rpm), the screen comes up "low oil pressure". When I rev the engine to 1200 rpm, the low oil pressure message goes away. Can anyone tell me, what is the problem?

Nige

It could be any of a dozen things, and you don't give much information.
Let's start with the basics. You bought the machine used. Have you changed the engine oil and filter yet..? If you have not, then I suggest you do that ASAP; if you did then what specific brand/weight of oil did you use..?

Kobelco ireland

I have a Kobelco 135 SRLC excavator which I bought used, recently. When I operate it at low rpm (1000 rpm), the screen comes up "low oil pressure". When I rev the engine to 1200 rpm, the low oil pressure message goes away. Can anyone tell me, what is the problem?
Hi John this is a common problem with the kobelco 135 you need to replace the engine oil pressure switch as it is faulty

Kobelco ireland

Hi it is located on the engine block on the side between engine and counterweight just above front engine mounting. It will have a single wire with 8mm nut and as far as I remember it's a 27 mm spanner to remove oil pressure switch. It a pain to change and can only be done when engine is cold